Why is my kitten always sleeping on the floor?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks perfectly fine to me. Cats sleep in all sorts of position. My boy sometimes sleeps like he's a contortionist :lol:

Your kitty may be used to sleeping on floors before you got him and sleeping on floor keeps them cooler than sleeping on sofa or on a cushion or bed.

As he grows older, his sleeping position and pattern will change, so don't be so worried.
I think so too! My mom especially thinks that its part of his personality and finds it adorable.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They look like normal kitten positions to me.

Cats’ normal temperature is higher than human temps which is why they feel warm/hot to you. And yes, it can vary quite a bit from one cat to another. My cats tend to lay on the tile floor in hot weather and come into bed with me when it gets cold. I do have a couple who sleep with me no matter what and one who never comes onto the bed.
His body temperature has always seemed "hot" to me unlike my other cat Ollie. Guess that's the reason I find it a little bothering.
My cat Ollie also likes to sleep on the bed whereas Percy always sleeps on the stool. Its amazing how contrasting my cats personalities and habits are...

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has napped on the floor for years. There are cats that prefer that. She sleeps in many different positions. It could also be the spot is warmer or prefers to be alone,no disturbances,where it's quiet. And away from my cat Maggie who sleeps in many different positionsView attachment 399831
She's adorable! Thank you for sharing!