Why is my cat urinating on my roommate's bed?

jkdfilms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat's name is Venus. She is now just over a year old. I've had her for about 9 months. Ever since my boyfriend moved in, my cat has been urinating on my roommate's bed. Always the same spot. Before that, I had left my boyfriend's door open, and Venus would just go in and urinate on his bed. I tried to let her be in, but I couldn't let her urinate, since it's really difficult to sleep with the terrible smell! I used to live in the basement on my couch where Venus would sleep with me.

But now I sleep upstairs where my boyfriend's room is. Upstairs is also where my two other male roommates live, and my cat would just go into next door. My roommate's room-- which is next to my boyfriend's room.

I doubt she has a UTI, since she would grab the opportunity to pee on my roommate's bed, whenever the door was left open, no where else. There is a problem here, because my roommate is getting irritated, and I'm afraid to just lock her up in the basement so she wouldn't pee anywhere else.

I've done my best to clean the litterbox, keep her fed, with water and Meow Mix. I've tried to give her as much love and affection whenever I got the chance. I've tried to let her in my boyfriend's room, but, I don't want to let her urinate in there.

What should I do?

Frustrated

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JKDFilms,

Before you go doubting a UTI, I'd strongly suggest you have her checked by the vet. My oldest cat Casey has had 3 UTIs throughout his life. All three times he peed on my bed. That was his only way of telling me. It was a good thing I brought him to the vet. He was loaded with crystals. He did it again this weekend and off to the vet he went. Sure enough, UTI. So don't screw around with something that serious. If it's not a UTI, is the catbox clean? Maybe you might want to close all the doors to everyone's room just to be on the safe side. She is definitely trying to tell you something.