Why is my cat moving bowl?? lol

meejr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had a cat pretty much my whole life and I have never seen any of them do this. I've looked into it and most people said it was something along the lines of they do this to make sure the water is clean or something like that but I don't know why is she moving the bowl?? 😆😆 she 11 months old

Glass stainless steel plastic (I don't use plastic just did for trial) it doesn't matter she always moving it spilling it lol

Why is this???

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its just play. If you need too, you can buy a special water bowl. They even make bowls for dogs with the same problem, so you know your average cat ain't gonna spill it. There are exceptions to every rule, some cats are crazy determined, but if you search spill proof cat (or dog) bowl, you should find bowls that will do the trick. For example, there are much cheaper options, but you don't find too many products on amazon with thousands of reviews and a 4.9 rating: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NJ7B34L/?tag=thecatsite

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby (17+yo) started doing this just a few years back. Given her age, I thought she was just too lazy to get any closer to the water dish and so she was trying to pull it closer to her. Anyway, I got her a small dog dish with a rubber base, and it is a bit wider at the base than at the top. She tried to pull it toward her and realized she couldn't, so she stopped trying.
This is just one example for illustration purposes.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015RNEEXS/?tag=thecatsite

Aki's mom

Owned by four tabbies
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with ArtNJ, at 11 months old this is probably play behavior. Have you considered putting a silicone mat with raised edges underneath the bowl? That would make it harder for her to move the bowl and contain any spills. Another option would be setting up a water fountain instead, she wouldn't be able to move that. (One hopes. XD)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meejr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

That's just a video I thought it posted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meejr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yeah I have no problem with it I was just curious cause it was just odd to me lol Thanks and yeah I'll check out some of the bowl suggestions 👍😆