Why I shop at Amazon

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to order some Sees candy as a Christmas present to myself. On the See's website the candy I wanted was $28.50 a pound. On Amazon the same candy was $52.50 a pound. I thought
Amazon was suppose to have the best prices.

Was it sold directly by Amazon or through a third party seller? Third party sellers are notorious of jacking up prices and changing the price all the time. Personally I'd buy directly the candy directly from the company's own web site so you know you're getting a genuine product that isn't past the expiration date or possibly tampered with.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to order some Sees candy as a Christmas present to myself. On the See's website the candy I wanted was $28.50 a pound. On Amazon the same candy was $52.50 a pound. I thought
Amazon was suppose to have the best prices.
They don’t. You always need to check your other purchase options.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some of the prices on Amazon are simply insane. When I place an order, I'll search for food items I typically buy to see if they have anything at a good price. One cereal I buy, which regularly is about 4.99 in grocery stores, is $17 on Amazon. Just ridiculous.

One thing I've noticed is if walmart.ca has something "rolled back" then Amazon.ca will have reduced their price as well, if they sell the same product.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it sold directly by Amazon or through a third party seller? Third party sellers are notorious of jacking up prices and changing the price all the time. Personally I'd buy directly the candy directly from the compa

ny's own web site so you know you're getting a genuine product that isn't past the expiration date or possibly tampered with.
I don't know if the candy was sold directly by Amazon or through a third party. I will order the candy through See's web site. My sister orders a lot of stuff for me through Amazon.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some of the prices on Amazon are simply insane. When I place an order, I'll search for food items I typically buy to see if they have anything at a good price. One cereal I buy, which regularly is about 4.99 in grocery stores, is $17 on Amazon. Just ridiculous.

One thing I've noticed is if walmart.ca has something "rolled back" then Amazon.ca will have reduced their price as well, if they sell the same product.
I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the U.S. Amazon bought Whole Foods so their grocery deliveries are from Whole Foods. Whole Food's nickname here in the States is Whole Paycheck.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the U.S. Amazon bought Whole Foods so their grocery deliveries are from Whole Foods. Whole Food's nickname here in the States is Whole Paycheck.
I just did some Googling, and it seems the Whole Food's purchase included Canada, however, in my area, we don't have Whole Foods, so any grocery item I order, just comes by courier like any other Amazon parcel.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One cereal I buy, which regularly is about 4.99 in grocery stores, is $17 on Amazon. Just ridiculous.
The price of cereal on there is insane! All the granolas I want are at least $10 a bag or more. That's crazy. They need to get a handle on that. It's price gouging.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why I use Amazon Smile instead of the regular Amazon :)

Untitled.jpg

I believe there's info on Amazon Smile on a previous page in this thread. It's just Amazon and you choose what charity gets a small donation whenever you make an Amazon purchase. The only thing to remember is to use smile.amazon.com or the Amazon Smile phone app.