Why doesn't anyone want us?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tell me these guys deserve to be where they are!

This is Rugger. No kids, no cats, no dogs. He loves to play, he just won't give up the toy. He destroys them. He LOVES people, bawls in his kennel & is all around miserable. A little bundle of muscle. But he's so sweet. He's what Pit Bulls were bred to be, intesnly focused & loyal. Rugger would not hesitate to do anything to protect me, to protect any person he loves.

Hank drew the short straw. When he came in, his collar was embedded in his neck. He doesn't do well with having his neck grabbed. He worried us, and will not be placed with young kids. He just likes to have his ear scratched.

Portia....she's too scared to even stand up straight in her kennel.

Annabelle is a fruit loop. She's dainty when she walks, and a bit timid in new situations....but she's hilarious. Just a dork...I love the dorks.

Tank has only been with us for 2 weeks. He's already miserable in his kennel. Knows sit & shake. Great dog....bigger boy around 100 lbs.

And Leroy....it's been 6 long months for Leroy. He goes to another facility this week, thank god. He was going kennel crazy really bad. He's only around 80 lbs, but he's too smart to be in a kennel all the time. His one eye is partially blue.

It was really hard today walking past all those kennels. Not sure why today was different. Just the fact that so many of them are wonderful dogs....like Leroy. Yet he sat in that kennel for months upon months on end. He was a well-behaved dog, but he developed "issues".

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo! Hopefully Leroy gets adopted at his new location

It really sad to read about animals that aren't being adopted right away.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
those poor sweet babies
I hope they can ALL find homes! good luck to Leroy

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all so gorgeous - I wish I could bring them all home wth me!

I hope they all find loving homes soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the pic size now "normal" on all of them? I resized a few....but as usual they still look too big to me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Annabelle could be Snicker's twin! Snickers is a fruitloop too
but she is a joy. And poor Portia. I just want to take her home and make show her what love is. Oh, I couldn't do your job, they would ALL come home with me and I would go into major debt.

Honestly, my heart is just breaking because these sweeties haven't found a home.....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

ugggggggggh your posts always make me so sad

I wish i could rescue them all
That's the point, make you stop & think.

These guys are lucky, they won't die because there isn't enough space. They have more of a chance than a lot of animals get. So many are killed after X number of days just because there aren't enough homes.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im praying to god that all of those puppies get the homes they rightfully deserve! It just doesn't seem right, them in there with nothing soft to lay on...

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish I could help out Portia and take her home with me forever. Hank's face reminds me a little of my beloved Lady. I wish I were in a position to be able to adopt a dog.

We saved Lady from being euthanized 16 years ago. She was due to have it done the very next day. Fortunately, now the St. Louis Humane Society is no longer a kill shelter.

Tricia

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pics break my heart..animals in cages is so awful. I keep imagining what they must be thinking. "What did I do? Why am I in here locked up?"

Its so horrible

I pray they get good furever homes soon Nat.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those sweet doggies, they have the cutest little faces

Many loving For those precious pups...
I hope they can find their loving & caring forever homes

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That's the point, make you stop & think.

These guys are lucky, they won't die because there isn't enough space. They have more of a chance than a lot of animals get. So many are killed after X number of days just because there aren't enough homes.
Oh I know.
Our baby josie, who I've posted pictures of here almost got PTS at a shelter, and she is the most wonderful and joyful dog we've ever had. We got her when she was 5 and aren't sure of her past but it was strictly a NO OTHER DOG IN THE HOUSE adoption. Somebody before us tried to adopt her, said they didn't have another dog but they did, and she almost killed it, hence almost being PTS.

My parents got her just in time, I took her to dog class so she can be around other dogs on leash no problem, but not off leash, she gets vicious (don't know why). Which is ok because we have 2 acres and no other dog (she is very high energy so needed a home where she could run around). In anycase, she did terribly in a cage and now sleeps in warm comfy human beds.

I hope your guys have happy endings.........

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I think it is sadder seeing dogs in rescues than cats, at least cats have an easier chance of finding foster homes and people can have more of them than dogs. Hope they all get fab homes.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hank went over the Rainbow Bridge on Thursday, he snapped at me & was not letting go. He was that way when he came in, someone did him an injustice & he paid the ultimate price.

Leroy & Annabelle went to the other facility that will place them rapidly. Tank's got a lot of interest in him....but he was extremely sick so we couldn't place him.

Portia went home Sat.

Rugger is still there & will be for quite some time.