Why does my copy/paste function only work sometimes?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things like this I can't figure out...
  I am a self taught computer user so please keep it simple! Thanks!

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i use the keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste, i don't alway push down far enough

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use google chrome, and found that it still works if I go to internet explorer, which I used to use before chrome.

I've had several issues with chrome, and getting tired of it all.

It might be time for a pro to do some cleaning and organizing.............ugh.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have problems and when i do, most of the time it due to the user which is me

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My problems are, sometimes I get this web page is not available/cannot display

Or shockwave has crashed, reload? 

Or when I go to shut down, it says he's dead Jim.

Also I can no longer make online bank deposits, nor can I print a label through paypal. I have to save the label in my pics then print it from there.

I think there are either some incompatible things, or 2 things are running at the same time.

But these are too technical for me to figure out myself. Just not savvy enough I guess.

I didn't see these until going to chrome though.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My problems are, sometimes I get this web page is not available/cannot display
Or shockwave has crashed, reload? 
Or when I go to shut down, it says he's dead Jim.
Also I can no longer make online bank deposits, nor can I print a label through paypal. I have to save the label in my pics then print it from there.

I think there are either some incompatible things, or 2 things are running at the same time.

But these are too technical for me to figure out myself. Just not savvy enough I guess.

I didn't see these until going to chrome though.
i also sometimes get the shockwave crashed thing, usually for me it due to having too many tabs open at once or just high memory or cpu usage.
When i shut down same thing happens to me but i am shutting down so who cares.
I don't know what to say about deposits, does it works on other browsers?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must be using chrome too?

It was fine with IE, but not with chrome.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am because it my favorite browser

Had you tried erasing the cache, history, everything? Tried uninstalling then reinstalled?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Erased downloads, cookies, browsing history, have not tried uninstalling then installing.

Chrome is my fave too, that's why I'm so disappointed with these issues.

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it because everything works seamlessly and flawless , i can access my bookmarks, history, tabs across all of my devices

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure all cookies, temp files, Prefetch files, everything you can think of, are deleted from your computer. Yes, I even delete Prefetch files on occasion. It means that sometimes I have to put my passwords back in for things like FB and such, but I do it anyway. I see that you have erased your cookies and such.

Then I would delete Chrome completely from your computer and then try a fresh download and install. 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure all cookies, temp files, Prefetch files, everything you can think of, are deleted from your computer. Yes, I even delete Prefetch files on occasion. It means that sometimes I have to put my passwords back in for things like FB and such, but I do it anyway. I see that you have erased your cookies and such.

Then I would delete Chrome completely from your computer and then try a fresh download and install. 
why do you delete prefetch? There really no need to

I recommend ccleaner to clean temps, cookes, everything or you can use the built-in cleaner bur with ccleaner you can clean more

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have always done this in all of my computers. Not often, but if there's an issue going on, yes, I delete my Prefetch files. I understand that, until the files are rebuilt, the computer will run slower. But I was told years ago that when there's a problem, Prefetch files could be deleted. And I have not deviated from that.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always done this in all of my computers. Not often, but if there's an issue going on, yes, I delete my Prefetch files. I understand that, until the files are rebuilt, the computer will run slower. But I was told years ago that when there's a problem, Prefetch files could be deleted. And I have not deviated from that.
ok

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prefetch files?

What is that?!

I delete browsing history, downloads, temp files and cookies.

Am I missing something?

Oh also, another issue that happens, happened last night and drives me crazy!

I shut down computer and it doesn't shut down, that darn circle just keeps spinning and says shutting down. That will go on all night if I don't end up unplugging it and shut it down that way.

Which I know is not a good thing.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Each time you turn on your computer, Windows keeps track of the way your computer starts and which programs you commonly open. Windows saves this information as a number of small files in the prefetch folder. The next time you turn on your computer, Windows refers to these files to help speed the start process.

The prefetch folder is a subfolder of the Windows system folder. The prefetch folder is self-maintaining, and there's no need to delete it or empty its contents. If you empty the folder, Windows and your programs will take longer to open the next time you turn on your computer."
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/what-is-the-prefetch-folder

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta
some browsers work better on some sites than others. i primarily use chrome but i also have mozilla firefox (primary backup browser) and opera on my computer along with internet explorer. there is also apple safari for windows but i never liked it. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, I'm wondering if you might have something else funky going on with your computer. There are too many issues here and it cannot all be because of Chrome.