Why Does My Cat

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Because you are helpless in this position. your cat can freely tease you since you can't reciprocate by, let's say, squeezes and smooches

Why does my cat want my chicken breast dinner even though she doesn't like chicken breast and it's right after eating her own fulfilling wet food?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both of mine do this. If start walking from my room into the living room they will walk in front of me and then just stand there. Then take a couple of steps and stop. This keeps up until I get wherever I was going. They do this all the time.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both of mine do this. If start walking from my room into the living room they will walk in front of me and then just stand there. Then take a couple of steps and stop. This keeps up until I get wherever I was going. They do this all the time.
Charlotte will do this. She has a knack for staying right where it slows me down.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Charlotte will do this. She has a knack for staying right where it slows me down.
Sophie does this every morning. She comes to sleep next to me in the middle of the night and when I get up, she jumps down off the bed and stands in front of me. Then she'll take a few steps, stop and this continues. Lilith does this too but not as often.

When Lilith wants to snuggle, she will stand in the doorway to my room and yell at me to come in. When I do, she'll stand next to the bed until I fix her a nest with the blanket and then she will come over to cuddle. It's so cute.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
climb from my lap onto my shoulders as I sit to put on my shoes in the morning, and bite my braided hair.

What similarly odd thing(s) does your cat do?
My Freya jumps onto my shoulders from the kitchen table, even if I'm 6 feet away.
And sometimes she misses her landing spot and use her claws to improve her grip.
Can you imagine the result?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is always Lying on the clothes I place on the bed, to wear after showering... I literally have to force him off of them, to get dressed.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
....insist on drinking my cup of ginger ale AFTER I have already gave her, her very own cup of iced water fresh from the fridge:doh2::rolleyes:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of mine have bathroom rituals that must be observed, or they're going to be upset: One jumps into the tub and rolls around, expecting to have his belly rubbed, after which he jumps onto the counter and expects a drink from the faucet. The other presents herself to have the "eye crusties" wiped out of her eyes, after which she jumps onto the counter and wants to groom my hair (what remains of it).

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Bourbon has the habit of walking around the house with me, but she insists she leads. At the same time while walking, she won't take her eyes off of me, so she literally is walking with her head looking up at me, sometimes hitting on furnitures.

She also would lay on top of my used and unused clothes, as if saying, "These ones are my person's".

It is really cute and endearing.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I needed to walk upstairs Sweetie would go to the step just above me and lay there waiting to be petted.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why does my cat Shade now likes to drink tea from my mug? I tell him no constantly but as soon as my attention is not on the mug, he is sticking his face into the mug and drinking the tea. There is a bowl of fresh water for them but he wants what I drink.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Why has Iris suddenly decided that Mocha’s tail is like an ear of corn that must be gnawed on? She doesn’t bite. She uses just her front teeth and nibbles her way down Mocha’s tail. Mocha tolerates it only so long and then smacking ensues. :lol:

ClumsyBear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why does my kitten like climbing.. me? If I'm in the kitchen, he gets so curious about what I'm doing and while he's able to jump on the counter, he prefers climbing my leg.. we compromised to me putting him on my shoulder so he can watch me cook

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else's cat obsessed with eating human food - especially carbs? Toffee goes absolutely crazy for anything with carbs. His favourites are pizza crusts and plantain chips! It can't be healthy for him!
I'm certain it isn't healthy for him, but if he's crawling all over you and meowing, what can you do? Just give him a little. I have this same problem with my cats. The first two were rescues, but had been someone's pets, so they came with all kinds of bad habits. The last one was a rescue from under my car, but she picked up all the bad habits from her "brothers."

Don't get him hooked on pasta. Mine will kill for any kind of pasta, but especially lasagna.