Why does my cat wheeze at random times?

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I have a cat and his name is potato, he is an amazing cat and has never had health problems, he has eaten perfectly ever since he was a kid, he knows how to dig his litter and he’s been a playful cat/kitten since he was born. But, there’s one thing in constantly worrying about. He always wheezes when he’s on my bed, I have a bunk bed so the AC is right next to me, it doesn’t hit directly although in the position he usually sleeps it seems it does. I make sure it isn’t cold and the perfect temperature for him and if he’s sleeping with me ill close the AC every 10-20 minutes to make sure he doesn’t get too cold, he can withstand the cold for a while as he has lots of fur and from his parents as well but I don’t want him to get too cold as where I am its beginning to get a bit cold. He is an indoor cat, and when he wheezes I’m sure he doesn’t wanna throw up, he doesn’t have digestion problems either, but it sounds like coughing or, its like coughing but it doesn’t sound very similar. He usually stops after 5 or 10 seconds after I pat his back and he seems normal and carries on with his day, he doesn’t wheeze at random times either. Only when he’s on my bed, I just want to know if its a fur-ball because he always licks himself and cleans himself a lot due to his mother- I’m unsure if he’s just unable to cough out a fur-ball and/or the AC just enables him to wheeze. Please reply as soon as you see this, he’s been doing this for a while and he’s still active and plays a lot with my other cat snickers, he sleeps a good amount as-well.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the AC. The cold air triggers a sneeze. It does it to me, too, so I guess I'm allergic to sudden changes in temperature. You could try to make sure he's not in the draft of the cold air.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's the AC. The cold air triggers a sneeze. It does it to me, too, so I guess I'm allergic to sudden changes in temperature. You could try to make sure he's not in the draft of the cold air.
Ah, okay- I’m so happy its not because of anything!! I guess it’s still a bit too low for him. I’ll make sure to make it warmer or close the AC for him! Thank you so much!! This is very relieving.