why does my cat like to shower with me?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat does the same exact thing - when the shower turns on he comes barreling into the bathroom at top speed extremely clumsily and almost falls into the tub but stops himself and runs back out. Then when someone actually gets into the shower he sits between the curtains. Sometimes his tail dips into the water and gets soggy and then he has to act like it’s some foreign object trying to attack him.

I always figured it was a combination of being interested in water and the space between the curtains being the perfect cat sized nook.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bourbon also loves to be with me in the bathroom and watches the water, although she hates actually taking a bath. :)

I also think she likes the steam from the hot shower. It helps her with her asthma.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Patches will come in the bathroom while I have a bath but sits next to the bath on the floor. But when Tik was with us I had to shut him out because on more than one occasion he jumped into the bath with me he loved water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opithecat

Cat Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
My Bourbon also loves to be with me in the bathroom and watches the water, although she hates actually taking a bath. :)

I also think she likes the steam from the hot shower. It helps her with her asthma.
yes i like to try to allow him in here because the steam helps him.