Why does my cat dig on me?

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed today that my cat keeps trying to dig on my shorts that I’m wearing. He’s not kneeling literally trying to dig. Does anybody know why?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed today that my cat keeps trying to dig on my shorts that I’m wearing. He’s not kneeling literally trying to dig. Does anybody know why?
I meant he’s not kneeding

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure. Are they new shorts? If so, maybe there's a "new" scent he can smell. Or maybe he just likes the material. :dunno:

Welcome to TCS, btw. :wave2:

First sneakyblonde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is your A/C on, is your cat short haired?
Cats "dig" as kittens to "kitten pile", before they can maintain their body heat.
When they are cold, they dig under the other kittens in the litter to keep warm.
DON'T assume since a cat has a fur coat that they are warm enough in our chilly air conditioning.
Older or arthritic cats get cold easily too.
I have a pet heating pad I use for my cat in the winter. He is much happier when he is warm.
My cat digs at the small of my back, trying to get behind me where it's warmer.
He has a very short, sleek coat and gets cold very easily.
Maybe your kitty is cold. Try a throw or a towel to put over it and see if it stops digging and curls up happily instead.
If so - problem solved.
Best of luck,
C.