Why does male kitten sat on my female kitten?

brownishing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I'm back again, this time i see some weird behavior from my male kitten. he is about 7/8 months and my female kitten is about 3/4 months of age.

I left my house a while ago for 5 days and my neighbor helped me to kept her and she caged her, because they have 2 grown up male cats and she said she is afraid they'll try to impregnate her...

After I'm back my male kitten suddenly likes to play with her by sat on her. The position is my female kitten underneath with stomach in the air and my male kitten sat on her with his butt facing her face.

Please tell me if i make you guys confuse with my description, english isn't my mother tongue.

Does my male kitten behave like that is normal or is it because he wanted to take her? Because since my neighbor kept herast time, she often goes to my neighbor's house and 'play' with the other two male cats, sometimes the male cats come to my house and try to engage with my kittens, while the female looks very welcoming, the male kept running and doesn't look comfortable with them around but i don't see my male kitten gets angry tho

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your English is fine. Don’t worry about that.
The male kitten is either playing with the female, asserting his dominance as the top kitty in the house or maybe trying to put his scent on her since she goes around the other, older male cats. When the older males come to visit it is natural that a female young kitten would be more accepting. The male kitten is more likely to be a bit nervous because older males will try to run him away when the female is old enough to mate. If the female comes into heat, all the males will compete to mate with her. If you can get her spayed, things should be less competitive.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi B brownishing

If you keep an intact male and female cat together they will produce more kittens before too long. I think that is what your male cat is trying to do now. He will eventually get the idea and then, in 2 or 3 months, you're going to have a litter of kittens to take care of.

I see you're in Indonesia, here are some vets you could try.

Animal Hospital in Cigemlong - - Banten - Indonesia by Category

Please get you cats spayed and neutered as soon as possible. Is much more expensive to care for a pregnant female and her kittens than it is to get your cats fixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brownishing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your English is fine. Don’t worry about that.
The male kitten is either playing with the female, asserting his dominance as the top kitty in the house or maybe trying to put his scent on her since she goes around the other, older male cats. When the older males come to visit it is natural that a female young kitten would be more accepting. The male kitten is more likely to be a bit nervous because older males will try to run him away when the female is old enough to mate. If the female comes into heat, all the males will compete to mate with her. If you can get her spayed, things should be less competitive.
ah thank you for your reply.

i really wanted to spay her since I've been asking her awhile back and all the replies suggested me to spay her, but my dad won't let me, I'm really confused hahah he said he feel pity for the kittens, and my friends suggested me not to since her own cat die due to the stress after getting spayed, that's why I'm so hesitate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brownishing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi B brownishing

If you keep an intact male and female cat together they will produce more kittens before too long. I think that is what your male cat is trying to do now. He will eventually get the idea and then, in 2 or 3 months, you're going to have a litter of kittens to take care of.

I see you're in Indonesia, here are some vets you could try.

Animal Hospital in Cigemlong - - Banten - Indonesia by Category

Please get you cats spayed and neutered as soon as possible. Is much more expensive to care for a pregnant female and her kittens than it is to get your cats fixed.
thank you for the reply, and yes I'm from indonesia... the thing is my dad won't let me spay the kittens I'm so confused and my friends told me her cat died because of stress after she neutered it

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cats don't die of stress.

Your cat is much more likely to die from a disease caught while mating, during pregnancy, while giving birth or from cancer after repeatedly going through heat cycles and having kittens.

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Post-birth Complications In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

How To Save Your Cat From These 16 Life-threatening Pregnancy Risks – TheCatSite Articles

Find a good vet, check their reviews online to make sure you can trust them and get your cats spayed and neutered as soon as you can.

If your father feels sorry for kittens then there are plenty of homeless and unwanted cats and kittens around that he could adopt. The problem is too many kittens are born into this world and then die horrible deaths because no one takes care of them.

Home - Cat Rescue

It's a big problem in your country too, so please don't let any more kittens come into the world.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
ah thank you for your reply.

i really wanted to spay her since I've been asking her awhile back and all the replies suggested me to spay her, but my dad won't let me, I'm really confused hahah he said he feel pity for the kittens, and my friends suggested me not to since her own cat die due to the stress after getting spayed, that's why I'm so hesitate
We like to have cat stories from around the world, welcome to the cat-site...