Why do I keep getting this message when I try to post a reply?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please enter something before you submit your post.

This is after I have already typed a sometimes lengthy reply and hit submit. It's very frustrating.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the same thing happen a couple of times.  I just went back and re-typed my post and then it went thru.   Have no idea why this happened --- maybe a little ghost in the system?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We need to gather some information to help the tech guys find the problem.  If you can provide any information for the following, it will be a great help.
  • Where exactly you are trying to post, with URL of the thread you are trying to reply.
  • What browser you have, using what plugins. 
  • How often you see the issue
  • If the page is fully loaded (including the editor) when it happens,  Screenshots are helpful here.
  • Where you are replying.  Quoting, quick reply, etc?  I see from the reports that preview/full page editor is working, but I need to know where it is not.
  • Which editor are you using?  (HTML or BB Code - if you don't  know, it is probably the HTML editor)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just testing to see if I can reply in a thread I created.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've moved your posts to the existing thread for you, so we can keep them together & continue to track the issue to get it resolved.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happened to me a few times last week too. It happened weather I click on reply, or quote.  I ended up having to click on preview, then it would submit.  ??