Why did you give your kittie that name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mike thanks for sharing that, love it. Both the Bonny & Clyde and Little Bit/Lotta Bit. Thats great!

Barbara, that is incredible that Franz loves that music - has he been here before?

Hootie Cat, that is a lovely story about Kisses and I can just picture Hootie.

Kitty Mom I agree Larry and Archie are great, especially Archie.

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by Cilla

Mike thanks for sharing that, love it. Both the Bonny & Clyde and Little Bit/Lotta Bit. Thats great!

Barbara, that is incredible that Franz loves that music - has he been here before?

Cilla, Franz does seem to be an old soul, so perhaps you're correct. He also loves me to sing to him, and believe me I am not expecting a call fron Covent Garden or The Metropolitan Opera any time soon!
He really relaxes when I sing this old song...guess it's "our song!"

Ring Aroung the Moon

Who will draw a ring around the moon,
Who will draw a line from star to star,
Who will sing a pennies worth of song
to tell them how in love we are.

I will draw a ring around the moon
I will draw a line from star to star
I will sing a pennies worth of song
to tell them how in love we are.

I guess Franz is a romantic!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys named themselves. The first time I observed Frantic use his letter box, he dug frantically in the middle before he did anything. He acted like he had been waiting 3 days before he could get into the litter! He's the same way batting his toys around.

Pipsqueek is about 5 pounds lighter than Frantic, and didn't meow but squeeked when he opened his mouth. He still squeeks, but he's now at least 5lbs heavier than his brother.

Sandy

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandy that is so cute. I could just picture Frantic in the litter box. Pipsqueek I would love to hear him.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kahli was named after the Hindu Goddess of destruction-she was the one who was tortured and starved, but with love and time, we call her Diddo Kahli.
Princess Alexis is a Siamese/Himalayan mix, what else would you call her?
KittenKiya is Maine Coon, he is just soooo elegant
Pete is just Pete, family tradition that we always have an orange/white male cat named Pete.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbara that is really lovely. Thank you so much for sharing Ring Around the Moon. There are some beautiful things in life and that is one of them.

hootiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hi Cilla, thanks for envisioning my little kisses and my little girl! It really was very sweet, my son found these two baby ones thrown away in an alley in a box, so he brought them to me. They were sooo tiny their eyes were barely opening and their ears were still all closey like. My daughter was an 8 year old then, she told my son "I want that one!" and she picked her up, and held her close to her face and kisses put her little tiny nose on her face. And my daughter said, "She kissed me mom ,I'm gonna name her Kisses" It was a real task taking care of them. So my mini dachshund decided to help out, and she made milk for them and everything, honest truth. It was one of the most special animal moments in my whole life. Hootie still looks like a snow owl, she's part ragdoll, so is kisses her sistermew. they have very pretty blue eyes. thanks for listening and replying, bye for now... hootiecat

leo_jasminesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leo - because when I first found him as a 10 week old kitten, I was admiring his beautiful markings and when I turned him over on his back, his belly looked just like the markings of a Leopard. the name "Leo" popped in my head immediately and just fit him so well, so "Leo" he became...

Jasmine - She was promised to me before she was weaned and I had already decided to name her "Lucy". However, all the way home, she howled and cried and tried her darndest to get herself out of the pet carrier! She was going spastic! I just kept looking at her thinking that "Lucy" didn't at all fit her personality. "Jasmine" popped in my head and seemed like a name for a adventurous and mysterious creature - which was definitely her personality!!!

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hootiecat, what a lovely story about Kisses. Thanks so much for telling us about that. That is incredible about your Daschund making milk. I once had a cat called Lady and she had kittens in the dog's bed. So he vacated it but everytime she left them to eat he jumped in the bed and curled himself round her babies. It is beautiful to see something like that isn't it. You must have had to bottle feed those kitties and you must have such a bond with them. Thanks for coming back to me Hootiecat. Something tells me that I would fall in love with Hootie if I saw him!

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo-Jasmine's Mom, I love that name Jasmine and the reason for you picking it. Bet she is a Gem.

hootiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hootiecat, what a lovely story about Kisses. Thanks so much for telling us about that. That is incredible about your Daschund making milk. I once had a cat called Lady and she had kittens in the dog's bed. So he vacated it but everytime she left them to eat he jumped in the bed and curled himself round her babies. It is beautiful to see something like that isn't it. You must have had to bottle feed those kitties and you must have such a bond with them. Thanks for coming back to me Hootiecat. Something tells me that I would fall in love with Hootie if I saw him!
Dear Cilla, You are right I do have a bond with the kitties! I bond with all my pets seven to be exact, I place human traits onto them and everything, people don't understand sometimes the way animals do_Oh and by the way Hootie is a girl, she's very petite and fluffy and soft. Kisses is soft and fluffy too, but a bit on the tubby side! It is so cute when she runs cause she keeps her tail straight up and her belly jiggles around she's so cute. How cute about your dog helping momcat with the litter of kitties! All animals are so cool and special in their own unique way, I wish i'd have met you sooner, it's been fun talking to you. BUt alas today I must turn off my internet service so I might not be here to reply later. I did syringe feed the girls for a time and as my dog took over, to help her out. I later found 2 little boys stranded on a road about the same age as when I got the girls and I had to syringe feed them too. My dog couldn't help out on them she had been spayed, so I had to do it by myself, and it is a hard task to accomplish. One died before he became a year old, he had bladder sickness, my poor Boris. But I still have bouncey tigger, and his adopted brother bonesie, who looks just like boris except lighter in color. I hope you have a nice day..... hootiecat

wynterangel77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While all of our cats have a story with their name I'll just tell a few.

When I was 9 there was this stray cat that always loved to come beg for food...she was fat and brown stripped...and had wrinkled ears...she was adorable...but everytime we ran in the house and got her some milk she wouldm't drink it...tried cheese nope didn't want that eighther...well one day my brother was eating a blueberry muffin and a piece fell to the ground...and out of nowhere this cat came running and ate it right up.....and from then on she was Muffin...well it took about a year to get mom to stop calling her lizard....at the time she didn't like cats.

Morris well he looked like Morris though ever since Lion King came out mom has called him her little Lion King.

Batman was named by his first owner who named him because he found him right after watching Batman.

Elfi was named so because she made cat #11 and when I looked eleven up to find other words for I saw Elf and we just added the i to that.

When this sweet 2 month old kitten was introduced to me and we checked its sex a girl.... So I named the little thing Milly. 2 weeks went by and as I was turning on my light one morning Milly jumped up on the dresser laid down and gave that "belly rub please look." so I rubbed her belly and then I stopped Oh My Milly you have boy parts!! I was shocked they were barely noticeable but they were there....so I spent the next hour thinking of a name and decieded on Hunter. So time to go to first vet appiontment and Dr says he only has 1 ball. Time for fixing and they have to cut him 3 times and when they finally found his secong testical it was no larger then the size of this period--->>>. smallest our vet had ever seen!!! it was also way up above his kidneys.

I found Zoe scared and being barked at by the alaskan malmute my dad owns when she was just a kitten...my younger sister named her after her best friends baby sister.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of you have such great names for your fur babies.

Gandalf was originally named. Chickenhead Noseface Fluffybutt Hollywood Ewok. But alas I decided that was too much of a mouthful.
But he's a gray and white cat and reminded me of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings when he was hiding his white outfit under the grey cloak. Needless to say everyone was much relieved when I let them know I had changed his name. A few months later I added second name to that Aaron, just because all of his other siblings were taken in by a friend of my named Aaron. I kinda felt that if Samwise had two names so should Gandalf.

Samwise was almost named Smeagol but my cousin and I decided he was too cute. But I wanted to go with another Lord of the Rings Character and it had to be a hobbit (Samwise was just tiny little thing at the time, he's still much smaller than Gandalf) and my favorite hobit was Samwise Gamgee. So Samwise Gamgee he became.

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
North Mississippi, just far enough away from MELVI
Here goes:
BK- For Bad Kittie, because being our first cat, we spoiled him and did everything you are not to do and he was a Bad Kittie, still is.

Nemo- He came to us when the movie came out and my SD name him

Scampers- My SS named her, and she does,,,,,scampers about.

Scrappy- the Mother of nemo and scampers and she is the Queen of the Garage and does not put up with any foolishness from the other 2 cats (Lefty and Smokey) outside and also the dog Spunky

Lefty OBrien- My husband named him, his name started out as Blackie, but my husband said he did not get to name any of the cats and he was changing his name to Lefty OBrien. His left eye squints, due to being a feral and fights.

Smokey-Because he is a tabby grey and looks smokey

Clara

hootiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone' My computer has had tech difficulties, I dropped the tower and broke my modem so I'm using the libraries. Clarabelle, I love the name lefty o'brien, that is so funny! When I was little I had a black cat named kylie, and my dad named him kylie o rylie. he was a nice kitty. I had forgotten all about him. thanks for sharing and reminding me of little kylieorylie!! hootiecat