Why Did My Cat Suddenly Get Angry When He Saw A Stray Cat That He's Seen Before?

ThePortMan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's a stray cat that comes around sometimes, and anyways usually when my cat would see her (it was a calico), he would kind of look at her. She would look back. My cat is on a porch with a barrier, and the other cat sometimes would sit on the steps where my cat could see. They'd kind of look at each other, and the other cat would look up whenever he would meow.

Then, one day, my cat went out on the porch and saw the other cat next to the porch. And his tail was all puffed up, and he acted like he probably would have charged at the other cat if the porch barrier wasn't there. The other cat ran off the porch, and now I don't see the cat coming around the porch anymore. I just found it weird why when they would kind of look at each other and seemed to accept the presence of one another, my cat suddenly became so angry when he saw the other cat out there.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Even if he is neutered, your cat could be sensing hormonal changes in her if she isn't spayed.

She could have also changed scents if someone is taking care of her and she recently went to a vet's office and carried back different scents from there.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm... another case where it would be so helpful, if only cats could talk. ;)

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're on my porch! You can't be on my porch, it's MY porch. Get off my porch!