Why Are There No Cats On The Walking Dead?

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
C'mon now, what other animal is pretty much guaranteed to be able to survive in the zombie apocalypse world of the Walking Dead?

• Cats are faster than zombies.
  • Cats can hide in places zombies cannot get to
  • Cats can go up trees to get away from zombies
  • Cats' food sources--small animals and birds--are also not affected that much by zombies [Zombies can actually be a food source--worms--for birds as they showed in a recent intro to an episode.]

I know cats wouldn't be a focus of episodes--and are hard to train [THEY do the training, you know!] But, now that the groups have settled in and started raising crops, there should be cats!]

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk, all the cats I know are little attention whores. Assuming they would be susceptible to the virus, the first snuggle would infect them. I wonder more why there are no adorably decrepit zombie kitties.

:blackcat:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahah. I actually thought about this topic before. Cautious cats would have pretty good odds of survival. Kind of heart breaking to think about but I guess if it were to really happen I would have to traumatize them and then release them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if there were hungry stray dogs around there probably wouldn't be many zombies around for long ;) :barfgreen:. So I guess they couldn't really write that into the script. But cats, yeah, there should be lots of feral cats. And I think the raccoons and possums would realize there were few humans around to bother them and they'd be braver. But that would be hard to work into a TV show. Even having background cats would be cost-prohibitive I'm sure.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because viewers would be more interested in the cats' safety than the people's surviving. Of course, that might just be me projecting.
Well we can all agree with you on that at least. Haha. When I watch a show and an animal gets hurt I always go, "Oh no! That poor cat/dog/whatevers!"

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Animal gets hurt and I switch the channel no rating for you and it's clear when you lost them. Same with books. Once an animal is introduced I flip to the ending. If the animal dosen't turn up safe and happy on the last few pages the book is shut and ignored forever.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have better hearing, sense of smell and night vision than humans or zombies. Cats are also smarter than most humans and all zombies....thats a known fact...ask alexa.

Cats realize that it was humans that caused the disaster in the walking dead. Cats realize that even after the apocalypse, humans still havent learnt their lesson and never will.

Cats realize that in the new order, humans no longer have anything to offer them and instead pose a threat.

Therefore cats have quite simply "moved on" (given up on humans)........ and moved to zombie and human free places, where birds chirp, animals play, the sun always shines, its never raining or cold, there is an abundance of delicious healthy food and cat treats rain freely from the skies.

Ask alexa.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Because viewers would be more interested in the cats' safety than the people's surviving. Of course, that might just be me projecting.
Hahaha! Right! Imagine if they are included in the script. Us viewers would be always like, "What happened to that tuxedo cat? What about that other one with Negan, the persian?" Etc etc. We would not be interested with the main casts anymore, but the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fear the Walking Dead now has an orange tabby named Skidmark. Think he/she is more of a bit part actor...although there was a little "dialogue" if meows count?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the comic version someone had a pet tiger. She gave herself to the swarm to protect her human. :'(

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the comic version someone had a pet tiger. She gave herself to the swarm to protect her human. :'(
It was in the show as well. The tiger's name was Shiva, and even though it was a CGI character, I still can't watch that episode (if it re-runs). Out of all the characters who've been killed, the tiger hit me the hardest, I actually felt sick (and no it was not gory).

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the show as well. The tiger's name was Shiva, and even though it was a CGI character, I still can't watch that episode (if it re-runs). Out of all the characters who've been killed, the tiger hit me the hardest, I actually felt sick (and no it was not gory).
Ah I stopped watching the TV version because I knew it got way off track from the real story (comic).