Whole litter sickness concern.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning all. It is 8am here in Jersey and I have been up with Magic since 7am. She is still alive. However seems weaker today opposed to stronger. She still isn't eating on her own and her gums are looking whiter today. I have only been able to give her 1.5ml of food so far. I just stopped to put some syrup on her gums to see if that motivates her any to eat.
I have my husband picking up baby food as I type this and will be giving that to her as soon as he arrives.
I have not given up on this baby but I feel her end is near. Any suggestions on what I could do in regards to her supportive care? I am willing to do anything.......

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
bear bear I did place a little stuffed bear in the kennel with her. I also throughout the night give her little rubs. She shows no real interest in either at the moment.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! I really hope she pulls through. Please try to switch to the powdered milk today if you can. If not, give pedialyte often between feedings. I hope she will eat some baby food too.

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
So in total she had 6ml of formula replacement.
About .6 of pedialyte. .05 of the metronidazole and 1.5 of amoxicillin. After eating that little bit of food she wanted to walk away and I noticed a small amount of watery poo which was yellow in color. She didn't make it to the litter box this time. She is walking steadily with no wobbling. However she is walking slowly.
My husband is on his way home with the baby food so in about another hour I am going to see if I can get some of that into her. I have to wrap her like a burrito in order to feed her because otherwise she squirms quite a bit. I also have to take my time to get her to open her mouth enough where I can squirt a few drops. She has been locking her jaw on me and I find that I sometimes have to squirt the food between her teeth. She is again laying down.
I wish I could see the light in her eyes like she was a few days ago. I am so sad....
I don't want to fail her. I don't want her to die. If she survives she will have a home with me. And she will have a good life. She just needs to live....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The diarrhea is probably from the meds. Poor baby. You are doing everything you can!

:vibes: :vibes: That she makes it.

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
😔 I feel that she is showing signs of getting ready to cross over. She jumped up....went to the floor and laid there and started making a little crying noise. Her breathing has now changed and she doesn't appear to have the energy to walk. Not sure what to do for her now. Other than try and make her comfortable.....

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do I still try to get her to eat? Give her fluids? Sugar? My goodness this is terrible.....she is crying more now. She has been quite for days....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry. Do you think she aspirated any milk or meds into her lungs?

You can put sugar water or honey on her gums. I would not give her anything; it sounds like she is in pain and struggling - likely dying. You may want to get her to the vet for humane euthanasia so she does not suffer any longer.

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I doubt she aspirated any fluid into her lungs. I took my time with a few drops of milk at a time. It took me about an hour to just give her 6ml. This is how the other kittens looked and sounded before they died. I tried to be this kittens hero. I really did..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so very sorry. You did absolutely everything possible to help Magic. RIP sweet baby girl. You fought a hard fight, but it was too much for your little body to overcome. Fly free now with your siblings! :angel: :rbheart:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank you and Charles for your efforts to help these kittens.
Nature made felines such magnificent animals. Yet especially when young, they are vulnerable to other parts of nature like viruses and bacteria that have also developed through the years through nature.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh,noooo.....Those babies had short lives but they had known the joys and pleasures of love, affection, comfort in their hours of need.
Godspeed and tailwinds west, baby Magic.
Although this was news that I dreaded, thank you, frankie the cat frankie the cat , for finding the strength to type those DIFFiCULT words. Please know that we offer sympathy, empathy and MANY healing prayers & vibes. If you're interested, someone else here recommended Holy Basil and I bought some online and it does help take the edge off. I also used lemon balm tea and/or a product called Relaxia (ashwaghanda, L-theanine, lemon balm, etc) - they help me function with a smile while at work.
The mods will probably close comments soon but you can start a new thread on Crossing the Bridge. I would like to donate $15 in honor of Onyx, Magic & the others - do you have a rescue that you'd like as my donoree?

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
catsknowme catsknowme thank you for your kind words and the offer of a donation. The donation isn't necessary but appreciated. Just continue loving and caring for cats as you do. That is paying it forward.
Not sure if this is appropriate to discuss but I have some THC that I am going to relax with after I get some work done. Thank goodness I can work from home still. Today would be a day I would definitely call out.
I will post pictures of all the kittens in crossing the bridge shortly.

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted a thread called gone but not forgotten in crossing the bridge. I attached the 6 kittens pictures so you can see who I lost. Cupid was the first to cross. Magic was the last. The 4 others were hours apart from each other. Atleast they are together again 🤗