"Who ya gonna call"....MOUSE BUSTERS!! (Greg and Arnold)

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like an unfortunate mouse got in to the house. Its winter here.

Greg and Arnold have been sitting in front of the stove for a couple of hours. Arnold has the longer paws and has been reaching underneath......mouse is at the very back......safe for now but trapped.

I don't want the mouse to suffer, but need it gone; potential diseases, babies ect.

Any suggestions? (Other than the obvious, pull the stove out and give the boys a late xmas present).

20220125_111509.jpg
20220125_111535.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I don’t suppose you have a live trap on hand… (other than Greg and Arnold). If you were close, I’d loan you mine. Mice like Jif. :) I think those bottom drawers come out, don’t they? Could you pull it out and put a trap behind it?

I had a gruesome mouse/stove experience. It didn’t even involve a cat!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like an unfortunate mouse got in to the house. Its winter here.

Greg and Arnold have been sitting in front of the stove for a couple of hours. Arnold has the longer paws and has been reaching underneath......mouse is at the very back......safe for now but trapped.

I don't want the mouse to suffer, but need it gone; potential diseases, babies ect.

Any suggestions? (Other than the obvious, pull the stove out and give the boys a late xmas present).

View attachment 408782View attachment 408783
Perhaps you could remove the lower stove drawer. Then insert a vacuum cleaner hose. Maybe this would flush out kitty's suprise. A Beautiful Kitchen you have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres a tip.

If you are hunting mice......... tape the bottom of your pant legs!!!!!! Or strip completely naked. Tust me on that one.

These new stoves are not like the old ones. Even with the warming drawer removed, I still dont have access to the floor underneath the stove. After chasing the mouse out from under the stove with a broom handle, it ran into the kitchen. And then.....yes up my pant legs and into my shorts.

After rapidly stripping in the living room, i got the mouse out of my clothing.....bite free.

The cats were then on top of it in literally less than a second. As they weren't wearing pants, they did not suffer the indignity I did in front on my wife. (She says she is proud of me for taking on a mouse, but I suspect otherwise)

I saved the mouse from a slow torturous death and released it outside. ...only to watch it run back towards the house!

Sigh.

Here is greg....still looking for HIS mouse.

20220125_133351.jpg

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go with what Tobermory Tobermory surgested but you might want to move the boy's before you open or move the cooker. Otherwise they'll be having fast food :lol: cat's gotta do what cat's gotta do. ;)
Before chasing the mouse from under the stove......I brought both cats INTO the kitchen.

I expected the mouse to escape from me and wanted the help of the cats to catch it. Have to say......... as big and lumbering as the cats are.....they are extremely fast and co-ordinated when they want to be.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured they'd probably get the mouse if you waited. However, having evicted it, you'll probably have issues with it again. Better let Greg and Arnold take care of it in their own way next time.

Was working on a pipe organ one time where a mouse jumped out from between the pedals and ran up the organist's leg. I suppose he was upset, but the rest of us spent the next fifteen minutes rolling on the floor!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before chasing the mouse from under the stove......I brought both cats INTO the kitchen.

I expected the mouse to escape from me and wanted the help of the cats to catch it. Have to say......... as big and lumbering as the cats are.....they are extremely fast and co-ordinated when they want to be.
Oh my at least you've got it out of the house now. And the boy's will certainly be on the look out for it coming back. I shouldn't laugh but what has just happened :lol: I'm sure your wife is proud of you even if she's a little amused.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when Fudge caught his first mouse - Toffee has never caught anything bigger than a spider, but Fudge is a real hunter. You can see why farmers kept cats as mice catchers - they do the job!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
😂. Love it, mouse trying to get back in!!!

The first time I saw Mouse meeting a live mouse was in my hallway and when he caught up with the little critter all he did was pat it's back like it was a long lost buddy. 🤣. The critter then disappeared under my washing machine not to be seen again. Mouse kept vigil for his new pal for several weeks of course. 🙄

Hope your little mouse was one of those very rare mice, a lonely one with no family in tow. 🤞

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my cat let out that weird, deep ‘victory howl’ which can only mean one thing…a present at the foot of my bed. He has me trained to say “Gooood boy,’ fling it outside & reward him w/ a teaspoon of cat food. 🙄 But scuttling up the PJs? That’s a new one.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have the most patience of any creature in the world. I've seen mine take up mouse-watching for days at a time, never uttering a sound. Seriously, I have had this happen many times, and the best thing to do is just wait it out. Eventually the mouse will find a way to get back out of the house the way it came in. Mice have been trapped under cabinets and the stove before at my house but have managed to slip by the cats and get out by themselves.

Mingo and Lily don't seem to be disappointed. They are both good mousers, and I always praise them when they do get one.

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
😂. Love it, mouse trying to get back in!!!

The first time I saw Mouse meeting a live mouse was in my hallway and when he caught up with the little critter all he did was pat it's back like it was a long lost buddy. 🤣. The critter then disappeared under my washing machine not to be seen again. Mouse kept vigil for his new pal for several weeks of course. 🙄

Hope your little mouse was one of those very rare mice, a lonely one with no family in tow. 🤞
You named your cat "Mouse"? :lol: Cute.

Good think cats dont understand english......otherwise Mouse might have had some serious identity issues.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
😂. I know, I am cruel. 😈. Actually his proper name is Little Mouser but I call him Mouse. Sometimes I do call him my Little Mouser though, so he can feel proud. I suspect Mouse has identity issues anyway as he doesn't seem to realise cats and humans are any different and when he was a kitten he played with me like he did with his mum (like leaping up at my head). Probably why he doesn't realize he's supposed to kill mice not pat them on their head and make friends with them too. 🙄

Lucky mice don't seem able to tell which cats will hunt them down and which will offer to share their dry food with them! My.home would be over run and I' D have to live with cycle clips round my trouser bottoms and sleep in a sealed up sleeping bag!