Who wants a FREE superb-quality scratching post?

red dog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats kittensncoffee on wining a terrific scratcher.

Last edited:

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittensncoffee's new scratcher will ship Monday!

View media item 361887
I like the Barn board finish scratcher design, the base is very large so cats can really get a scratching workout and even climb and play on it. This design in oak with an oil finish would look awkward and gangly, but the weathered barn board fits the design perfectly. I really enjoy making these barn board scratchers because every finish turns out different. All sorts of things affect the weathered finish: temperature, humidity, how fast the paint is applied, which direction the paint is applied, how thick the paint is layered on, etc, etc. The effects are mostly controllable but exact patterns of cracking are unique on each one.

This particular scratcher dried with really fun looking crack patterns
View media item 361889View media item 361890

I hope both Kittensncoffee and her cats love it!

Eric

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahhh! i'm happy and jealous all at the same time. looks gorgeous! 

kittensncoffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 362959
They aren't sure how to use it yet but they love it, and they love the awesome little toy that came with it! This is such amazing quality, and I'm so super grateful for getting this beautiful scratcher. Normally I would never put a scratcher in my living room Bc I would think it doesn't match, I'd put a regular scratcher in the kitties room, but this is so gorgeous it's out on full display. I love it!!! Thank you so very much.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They aren't sure how to use it yet but they love it, and they love the awesome little toy that came with it! This is such amazing quality, and I'm so super grateful for getting this beautiful scratcher.
Glad they like it! We experimented with different sisal rope types and cats really seemed attracted to this one. They will figure out how to scratch it in time - but for the moment they sure figured out they can play on it!

View media item 362959Normally I would never put a scratcher in my living room Bc I would think it doesn't match, I'd put a regular scratcher in the kitties room, but this is so gorgeous it's out on full display. I love it!!! Thank you so very much.
Exactly what I love to hear. When researching problem cat scratching I found lots of cats that scratched furniture in living rooms, but people didn't want to put scratchers in the room because the scratchers (at best) looked out of place. One of my goals was to make scratchers that were attractive enough to earn a place in a nice living space so cats could scratch where they wanted to scratch.

Great pics!

Eric