who owns what pet food brands

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious on who owns what pet food brands i'm trying to make a list of it so far I got I know i'm missing allot of brands and there owners if anyone can tell me who owns who I would really appreciate it.

mars owns
cesar,crave,grennies,nutro,purina
pedigree,royalking,goodlife,whiskas,temptations
sheba,chappi,catsan,frolic,perfect fit
benifeld,kitekat

iams and eukanuba later this year will be ownd by mars current owner P&G

diamond owns
diamond,diamond maintence,tastofthewild

purina owns
Friskies,alpo,beniful,pro plan,

del monte food owns
gravy train,meow mix,kibbles n bits,milk bone,9lives
puporoni,nures recipe,canine carry outs

If I have this in the wrong spot please move it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you I was missing some XD if you guys find more info on who owns who post it here wh ever helps me i'm going to make a new thread with the new list when I think i have it all down and I will credit on who helped me.

and I goofed on some of there names that is listed above that will be fixed on the new thread later

yes i keep editing this

here is what I collected so far.

mars owns
cesar,crave,grennies,nutro,pedigree
royalcanin,goodlife,whiskas,temptations,sheba
chappi,catsan,frolic,perfect fit
benifeld,kitekat,whiskas

practor gumble
iams,eukanuba <for right now soon to be mars

diamond owns
diamond,diamond maintence,tastofthewild

nesle purina petcare owns
Friskies,alpo,beniful,Fancy Feast,Felix
Whiskers lickn's,purina one,dog chow,cat chow
tender vittles,

del monte food
gravy train,meow mix,kibbles n bits,milk bone,9lives
puporoni,nures recipe,canine carryouts,Natural Balance
pounce treat,
Natures Variety owns
Instinct,prairie,sweet spots

Colgate-Palmolive owns
Sience diet,Hills

breeders choice inc owns
AvoDerm

solid gold health products owns
solid gold

blue seal feeds owns
By nature

addictionfoods pte ltd owns
addictions

artemis pet food company owns
artemis

Last edited:

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In addition to Iams and Eukanuba, Mars is also reported to be purchasing Natura from Proctor & Gamble.  Natura has many sub-brands, including EVO, Innova, California Natural, Healthwise, Mother Nature and Karma.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you burkey I knew I was missing something you will be credited in the next thread I will do I will look up natura thing for all there brands etc

and makes me wonder since mars is getting iams and eukanuba will that stop the iams crulty thing? and will it improve the nature brands

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like Proctor & Gamble, Mars is a massive corporation, and at the end of the day profit is the main goal. In addition to the pet product brands they already own, Mars also owns quite a few candy, (human) food, and beverage brands. We can always hope that the upcoming change of ownership would improve these newly purchased product lines, but I'd guess that to be very unlikely. Any changes going forward would most certainly be for the benefit of Mars' bottom line....which often doesn't bode well for the consumers.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
reason why I said that because I haven't seen Mars do cruelty or have allot of recalls not saying they ain't who knows I haven't heard any cruelty with Mars maybe there is I don't know but if there isn't I hope they get iams and eukanuba away from the cruelty part etc.

and doing this who owns what is fun XD

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you want to know who owns the brands or who manufacturers the brands? There is a difference. There are only so many pet food manufacturing plants, so one plant may make many brands.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Like Proctor & Gamble, Mars is a massive corporation, and at the end of the day profit is the main goal. In addition to the pet product brands they already own, Mars also owns quite a few candy, (human) food, and beverage brands. We can always hope that the upcoming change of ownership would improve these newly purchased product lines, but I'd guess that to be very unlikely. Any changes going forward would most certainly be for the benefit of Mars' bottom line....which often doesn't bode well for the consumers.
l know it's a bit off topic (but interesting), but Mars also owns the Banfield Pet Clinics.

onemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you want to know who owns the brands or who manufacturers the brands? There is a difference. There are only so many pet food manufacturing plants, so one plant may make many brands.
Ya, who manufactures, equally important, Diamond (popular for many recalls) for eg, manufactures many brands like
Natural Balance
Taste of the Wild
Nutragold
Chicken Soup
Diamond Naturals
Premium Edge

and what else? I'm interested to know.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, who manufactures, equally important, Diamond (popular for many recalls) for eg, manufactures many brands like
Natural Balance
Taste of the Wild
Nutragold
Chicken Soup
Diamond Naturals
Premium Edge

and what else? I'm interested to know.
I won't buy anything made by Diamond or Evangers anymore. I don't have my own personal list with me right now, but this link from Truth About Pet Food should give you a lot of them: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/who-makes-what-in-pet-food. The list is two years old. Susan Thixton hopes to update it soon. Also, if you're interested in a special list that Susan compiles, you have to pay for it. Here's more info: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/the-2014-list

Here's another manufacturer list on felinecrf.org: http://www.felinecrf.org/catfood_manufacturers_usa.htm

onemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I won't buy anything made by Diamond or Evangers anymore.
Thanks for the link, I didn't manage to find these links while googling. I try not to buy food made by Diamond/Mars/P&G, but if my kitty will only eat those brands made by them or if I can only afford those, then I will have no choice but to buy them, thank goodness that isn't the case as yet.