Who owns/runs thecatsite.com ?

Q-Tip Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve just found this site, and am trying to figure out where the content comes from. I can’t seem to find this information on the site. I see a lot of ads from Hill’s... which means that they are partly funding this site. Does this mean that they are also influencing the content? I would never feed my cat any Hill’s product. Thank you.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
TCS is privately owned and run. All of the ads you see are from paying advertisers/sponsors. None of these companies have any input or influence on the content. All members may contribute to the forums. The articles are written by various people and are approved by the owner before being published. These articles are also updated when new information comes to light.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! This website is not owned by Hill's and they are not influencing the content. There are varying opinions on the site as to what people prefer to feed their cats. It is nice to meet you and I hope you will stay with us.

And do you have a cat named Q-Tip? I named one of my mom's cats that and I thought she was the only one out there. :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome!

Just another team member dropping by to say #notsponsored #notinfluenced. I'm not motivated by anything more then wanting the best for cats and their owners. Ads just pay to keep the site running.
And another stopping by to say hello, welcome and add another voice to the choir. Advertisers have no influence in the content on this site. That is the truth. Our motto is cats come first but we are here for each other as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Q-Tip Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! This website is not owned by Hill's and they are not influencing the content. There are varying opinions on the site as to what people prefer to feed their cats. It is nice to meet you and I hope you will stay with us.

And do you have a cat named Q-Tip? I named one of my mom's cats that and I thought she was the only one out there. :thumbsup:
Yes, we have a blue point ragdoll kitten named Q-Tip (preferred name 🤣), Qute-Tip (full name 😅) and initials Q-T (pronounced CUTIE!!!! 😆😆😆). Years ago, my first cat, a huge Maine Coon, loved to chew on q-tips... on his birthday we would buy him the baby variety with the extra fluffy cotton buds 🐱

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to the site! I am not staff and found the site when I was searching for help during my rescue of feral cats. I found lots of great info and many people who were very supportive and I stayed! It’s been a very beneficial experience for me. Nothing I have written here has ever been influenced by advertisers. We are allowed our opinions and share what we learn as we go. As a member I can say that I value your input. I hope you will join us and explore the site. :welcomesign:It’s a great place to be. Cutie is precious! There are lots of photo threads and Cutie will melt a lot of hearts if you post there!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Q-Tip Mama Q-Tip Mama
Yes, we have a blue point ragdoll kitten named Q-Tip (preferred name 🤣), Qute-Tip (full name 😅) and initials Q-T (pronounced CUTIE!!!! 😆😆😆). Years ago, my first cat, a huge Maine Coon, loved to chew on q-tips... on his birthday we would buy him the baby variety with the extra fluffy cotton buds 🐱
Too cute!! :happycat:

Just to add to what has been said. As the site owner, I can't even tell what ads users are seeing. These ads are chosen automatically by systems that are run by Google (it's called the Google Ads Exchange) and are shown by user segmentation that they have (i.e. Google can tell where you're from and what your interests are and serve you ads accordingly). Website owners are removed from the advertisers by at least two levels and don't interact with advertisers at all.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is too cute! When calico Q-Tip came to my mom's, she started feeding her. She couldn't turn away a pregnant stray, even though she wasn't really capable of caring for her. I named her Q-Tip, because she was mostly white (a slightly soiled Q-Tip in spots :lol:) and how cute is that? A church friend adopted her and her entire litter of kittens. Those kittens (plus the Q-Tip) that hissed at me and hid in an old truck behind my mom's house became house cats that get the royal treatment. :clap: Special blessings to my mom's church friend. I don't even know her name, as I would love to reach out to her.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Q-Tip Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Kee

High Velocity
Young Cat
Purraise
It's just targeted advertising. They sell space on their site to google, or are contacted by an advertiser who gives them money in exchange for putting a picture on the banner. It's not a Hill's site anymore than streaming sites are owned by those dodgy "no credit card, no BS" websites :hyper: