Who is tired of La Nina ?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am

I live in area where snow is common OCT- First week of APRIL ... But in Nov we bet records and got Half a Normal seasons snow...
we got 29 inches normal Nov is 7 ish..... Dec was the same ... Jan has had a thaw , snow,ice now more snow

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that what's causing all this snow?!?!? Aarrgghh! Yeah, I think we've had more snow than usual, although I don't know how much more. We just had 8 inches, and my snowblower won't start. . .

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is actually our first big snow of the season. Back in mid Nov we had 5" of snow, but it was so warm that it all melted the next day. We had a couple dustings, and one or two inches a few weeks back, but this is our first big accumulation. I can't really complain, though I hate snow so I'd be glad if we didn't get any. lol

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our weather weenie reported back in the summer, "oh this winter will be mild here due to La Nina".

Well, what the *&&^^ happened to it????? It has snowed since November 1st and more this week. If I want to see grass, I have to shovel off a spot.

Yet, the WW never says what happened.

Well, the only good thing is I will appreciate spring so much more this year!!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm mad at la nina.....where the frick is my snow. This weekend I went to trevorton which is like barely 10 min from my house and they had like 4+ more in of snow there then what I had. I have been stalking weather bug to find the snow and everytime I think we will get some we get bupkiss.

I'm gonna get dressed to go outside and do my bring on the snow dance with franklin.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something about spring tho....the little flowers poking up, the geese coming back, the spring peeper frogs in the night, the ice breaking up on the creek....oh I could go on and on!!

You want snow.....? I will rent a convoy of dump trucks and you can have all you want!!!!!!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Something about spring tho....the little flowers poking up, the geese coming back, the spring peeper frogs in the night, the ice breaking up on the creek....oh I could go on and on!!

You want snow.....? I will rent a convoy of dump trucks and you can have all you want!!!!!!
Spring is very pretty but the reason I hate when it does come is that horrible Summer is soon to follow.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
La Nina can go soak her head in the monster sloughs I am gonna have after this mess melts and has no where to go as La Nina made it rain 27" last summer. Ground is saturated and isn't frozen - I know this because I made a booboo with the front end loader yesterday and rolled up a big ball of very soft, wet mud along with the 2' of snow on top of it. More snow fell over night, and it is getting to the point of no place left tp put it. Bring back El Nino, the harbinger of nice winters and warm summers, I dont think I can take another west coast summer of liquid sunshine

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I don't want to think about what will happen when it melts! I hope it happens slowly so my basement doesn't flood. No, my basement is not inclined to take on water (I have draintile and a sump pump), but when the snow melts down the sides of the house it does have to go somewhere. And of course the yard will be a swamp and the dogs will track in tons of mud, but that's pretty normal for any spring.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So that's why we had about 10 inches of rain in December, when we normally get about that much for the YEAR!! Yeah I'm ready for some warmer weather too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am!! It's either been windy or snowing. And always cold!! We used to have mild winters! I don't mind the cold so much; but when the driving isn't great I get really nervous about it. DH is a great driver; but he can't take me where I need to go while he is at work (which is most of monday to Friday).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It hasn't been too bad here, in fact I would be happy with more snow. Areas just south of us have been hammered this winter though.
Not looking forward to bitter cold either. I like it around -6 C max coldness, add in a bit of wind and it's too cold to go outside and do things. Hopefully we don't start getting those nasty temps up here.
In the Southern Hemisphere, they're blaming the La Nina with the severe flooding in Queensland.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather is really weird. Usually we have way more snow by now than this. Other places that don't really get the snow, keep taking it away from here

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here iis not too bad for storms...although the snowsqualls that come AFTER the stuff goes through here are a bother...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So thats' the problem....sheeeesh! All I know is that from Sunday evening until yesterday morning we acquired 5" of snow.... my friends an hour NW of me has 11"....hello....this is ALABAMA! This is about perfect though.. we're supposed to move and set up our trailer in the next month......

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yahoo my snow dance worked....but on the downside I had to get my sleepy bum outtta bed at 330 to have bf up for 4 to weild his handy dandy shovel for work. They do plow work for a lot of sunburys big businesses and since he has no license he is shovel man.....but I don't have to drive haha so the explorer will stay snow covered till I feel like cleaning it off......sometime this afternoon.