Who has written a letter of recommendation?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been asked to write a letter of recommendation for one of our high school students as she has applied to the local tech school after high school graduation.  Lucky for me she is an excellent person to work with.

Any ideas of what I should include?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son teaches college students. He has written letters of recommendation for those who he felt deserved it. Since most of them were used for job applications, he stressed on the student's character (honesty and trustworthiness), eagerness to learn, industriousness and intelligence. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long in paragraph were the letters?  This girl is a high school student who is of course part time.  I would rather be to the point than ramble on and on.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Write the letter in proper business format to give your opinion the weight it deserves. Briefly tell the recipient who you are and how you know the applicant. Focus on the applicant's character, work ethic, intelligence, grades, progress, enthusiasm; makes sure to give specific examples. Tell them why she is excellent to work with. Make sure to put your phone number and email address and encourage them to contact you if they wish. 

Last edited: