Who Has Older Pics Of Their First Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This pic is from 1969. An eight year old me is holding Mr. Thomas Grey. Funny how a child can improperly hold a cat and the cat allows it. Also in the pic are my folks and my 2 sisters. Mr. Grey was my cat as I cried and begged for days to keep him. He became a family member belonging to all of us. My dad went to heaven last month, and as I look at this photo I realized that Mr. Grey has waited 47 years for one of his peoples to come join him.

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gus3-e80s.jpg

Not our 'first-first', but Gus (who was a girl) here came from that Tuxedo my dad brought home from the steel mill where he worked. For reasons I was too young to understand, Gus's mom was rehomed to another family after she had kittens. Maybe they couldn't afford to get her fixed-I have no idea. But Gus stayed and pretty much became my first cat. She lived to be around 20 or 21 as I recall. Great friend and member of the family.

boney girl dad boney girl dad if you want that picture you posted lighted up, I can do that for you. I reworked a lot of our old family photos. I think my dad had the same shorts and socks combo shown there. lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too stupid to operate a scanner.
But picture the cutest little kitten on the worlds ugliest carpeting you've ever seen and you got my first kitten.
She was small, compact, and easily beat the living crap out of any other cat that crossed her path. She put an end to the idea that cats were pets for old ladies or little girls. This kid was a force.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I did. I know there is at least one photo of Pepper in existence. I last saw it a couple years ago. No idea where it is now :dunno: :bawling:

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
76B9E918-09DA-42DC-BBEC-BE171425642C.jpeg

This is Nemo who grew up with me in the 70’s and 80’s, he died at almost 19 years of age while I was still living at home. One thing I will never forget about this special boy is that when he meowed, it sounded like a child saying hello.

I can’t believe that this cat had over 10 more years of life compared to my darling Whiskas that passed earlier this year at just 8 and a half years of age. They were both amazing boys that brightened up my days. I will never forget them and they both hold a special place in my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 hope you can find someone to help you with a scan. Love your description.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Busy is beautiful

Katie M Katie M hope you find your Pepper photo. These old photos sure help to add color to our memories.
My first dog was named Pepper. He was before Mr. Grey. I was told that Pepper ran away. Almost 30 years later, my folks confessed that they gave him to my aunt and he got hit by a car. That dog and I sat on the back porch steps and shared Milk Bones.

Tabbytastic Tabbytastic Love the photo. You are doing such a proper hold of Nemo.

kittypa kittypa great pic of Emerson and reflection.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 hope you can find someone to help you with a scan. Love your description.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Busy is beautiful

Katie M Katie M hope you find your Pepper photo. These old photos sure help to add color to our memories.
My first dog was named Pepper. He was before Mr. Grey. I was told that Pepper ran away. Almost 30 years later, my folks confessed that they gave him to my aunt and he got hit by a car. That dog and I sat on the back porch steps and shared Milk Bones.

Tabbytastic Tabbytastic Love the photo. You are doing such a proper hold of Nemo.

kittypa kittypa great pic of Emerson and reflection.
I can see that picture so clearly in my head. My dad is holding him, and he so rarely held any of the cats.

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the poor quality. I couldn't find the negatives to scan, and even if I did I haven't used my scanner in a long time so I wouldn't be sure if I could get it working. This is the first cat that I remember having as a kid. Our family did have a cat before this one, but he died when I was very young so I have very little memory of him.
Pictured below is Tabby, taken in 79. I found him as a stray kitten in 78, brought him home and begged my mother to keep him.
_DSC1059-2.jpg

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats.GIF

My first and second Cats, Eclipse on the left and Puff on the right. Puff was a barn Cat from my Grandparents' farm that I got as a Kitten in the late 80s but I don't remember the exact year. I had her for 16 years until she died of throat cancer, later on we found out it was likely because of the fiberglass ceiling tiles in our basement drop ceiling that she liked to climb around in. She was an awesome mother and very accepting of other Cats, when I brought Eclipse home as a Kitten from the local animal shelter Puff "adopted" her right away.

She liked to lick my hair, whenever I would lay down on the floor she would run right over and start licking like she was grooming me. She was never much of a lap cat but she liked to be picked up and held.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is my mum, with her new pussycat.. not her first, but I don't have any pictures of Fred, whom I had as a little girl. I'd left home by the time this one came along.. I was replaced by a Furry, which is how it should be. :lol: :redheartpump:

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first cat, Grisette, and her kittens.
Taken by my older brother, as I was a small child then. But I won't give the date, in order to keep my age from appearing on the web, from which it can never be removed. Her friendly character and high intelligence triggered my appreciation of cats since then.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's very beautiful as someone who came of age as digital photos became more commonplace....
Knowing that even when photos were harder to take and process that people still took cat photos.

I had some disposable cameras when I was little and none of the pet photos ever turned out.