Who has an iPhone?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I need to get a smartphone so I can tether it to my computer and make sure I can get my online homework done. I just want to hear from real people about how you like your iPhone (or don't). I've compared prices and it's more affordable than a droid through verizon

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check coverage in your area, though usually most places have good service for AT&T. AT&T is not the cheapest and if you're going to be tethering you'll go through data fast and need the $25 plan. That's only for 2gb, you go over and they sell it to you at another $10 for 1gb. The lower plan is $15 for 200mbs, and if you go over they'll sell you another 200mbs for $10.
So before you decide on any phone, if you're contract free shop around for the best data plan per coverage in your area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used the online plan thingies to add up the monthly charges, and AT&T is a little bit less expensive once I've added on everything I'd need. But it's close enough price wise that a droid or something from verizon wouldn't be out of question (Best Buy has financing going on now so I could go either way).Guess I should've scrolled down a bit and found the cell phone thread before I posted this

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before you get a phone check out letstalk.com. You may end up not paying anything for the phone that way. I used them and the order was filled and shipped promptly. I don't know if they have any customer referral option/credit…

ETA: it seems that they do. PM if you decide to use them as I would be happy to refer you- that gets you $25 credit to use on any purchase from them. I would get the same, but I don't know when/if I would ever use it.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 3GS 32GB. I got mine used and only paid $110 for it. I needed a smart phone for work and didnt feel like waiting! A friend upgraded and sold me his.
I love my iphone! The lack of unlimited data kind of bothers me but its not a huge deal! I use wifi on it a lot!
Gary has verizon and a droid X and he loves it. We have arguments over who's phone is better on a regular basis. Honestly its about even!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have one. However I tried my cousin's husband's iPad a few weeks ago and I thought later that night "I'll probably own one of these before 2012." I thought it was cool.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said last night that they are going to be releasing a Iphone3GS through AT&T for $49. But it is a 3 year contract and is a fairly small one (I believe it was the 8gb one)
Also I do believe Verizon is getting an iphone. We have a friend that works there and he said it sounded like it was a go! Cause I asked if we could switch mine over when they started carrying, but sadly no. But they do offer trade-ins so Dunno I may do that!