White spot's / discolouration on outer left ear - Ringworm?

LucasM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Team
I have a 6 month old Abyssinian boy.
I've just noticed he's developed 2 x small white'ish spots on his left outer ear.
Please see pictures attached.

We had a small issue with ringworm when he was about 3 months old.
With lots of cleaning and disinfecting, I assumed we eradicated it.
Could this be ring worm returning?

Thanks guys,
Lucas

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, ringworm will lose a little more hair than that, but it DOES look suspicious I hate to say. You might contact your vet and see if you can apply an antifungal salve on the spots just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt. (or some if you have some left from last time) Especially since it is on the ears, he really can't lick it off easily. For your sakes, I hope it is just scarring. My cats have some spots like that too and it is NOT ringworm.

Koda&Jack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks very much like ringworm! When I adopted my kittens, they both had ringworm and one had a spot similar to that. Be careful with a black light, some ringworm strains will not show up and some non-ringworm things will show up. Has she had any other hair loss? Has the spots been getting bigger? I would get her checked out by a vet, ringworm is soooo much easier to treat when it is small (my kitties has pretty bad ringworm cases). You can get her on a anti-fungal cream if you don’t want to see the vet but think it’s ringworm. A professional opinion is usually the better way to go. :) hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LucasM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Guys! Appreciate the responses.
Will apply fungal and monitor

Catlady55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Team
I have a 6 month old Abyssinian boy.
I've just noticed he's developed 2 x small white'ish spots on his left outer ear.
Please see pictures attached.

We had a small issue with ringworm when he was about 3 months old.
With lots of cleaning and disinfecting, I assumed we eradicated it.
Could this be ring worm returning?

Thanks guys,
Lucas
Hi Lucas! Where's your kitten from?