White Specks In Earthborn Holistic Canned Food

Ori's Meowmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. Sometimes I feed Ori Earthborn Holistic Canned Food to shake things up a bit but I saw white specks inside recently.

Since I've never seen this before:

I felt worried and didn't know if it's OK to feed Ori, so I just threw it away and contacted Earthborn Holistic.

And here's their reply:
From the photos that you sent, we believe that calcium phosphate which was not well mixed could be causing the white substance that you see.

So I guess they think it's alright.. :catman:I just wanna share this with you guys in case anyone is concerned about the same issue.:)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks. I've seen this type of "white spots" in several cans of different brands of cat food. I do on occasion also feed Earthborn, but not sure if I ever noticed it in theirs. I know I've seen this issue in other discussions, so felt it was ok to feed it and my cats have never gotten sick from it.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've found similar white flecks in other brands of cat food. When I'd contact a company about it, I was told it was fat particles. And when I thought about it, I guess that makes sense. Sometimes I notice similar looking white flecks floating around when I add meat to a pot of beans I'm cooking for the two-legged members of the family. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ori's Meowmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens cheeser cheeser Thank you for sharing your experiences!
So I tried to feed Ori a can with these "tiny white spots" yesterday and she's been doing perfectly fine. :hyper: It's good to know I can take my mind off this now.:yess: