White beige mix

catladykaylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently adopted these 4month old kittens. The mumm was a tabby and white shorthair and im told the dad was a black and white Norwegian forest but im wondering if there is some kind of siamese mix in there? I need to identify there colour type to complete their insurance application and im at a loss. None of the types seem to quite match. Closest i found was siamese tabby point but these seem whiter and not so much of a point???
20220930_143006.jpg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
both cats on the first pics are points ("siamese-mix") one is seal and white, the other seems to be blue and white. These odd spots on back are because there are no white covering them... Ie the first lefty has black as basic color, the other is blue / grey as basic color. He too carries black, but he has also the diluting gene doubles up...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catladykaylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply. So just so I'm clear, you were referring to left and right on this picture? Where does the beige tabby stripes on the forehead come in to it?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the stripes are clear, he may also be a tabby, which will become, seal lynx point and white. Ie in plain english: black tabby point with lotsa of white.
But if they arent clear, it may be just strong ghost markings. ps. I think they black spots do build up the classic M of tabbies, even if its a little unusual M.

Points are described by many as "siamese-mix". But their actual siamese ancestry may be 50 generations backwards; its just the gene wandering down the river of life... And is spread quite aplenty in the overall gene pool of domestic cats. If two such genes meets in an individual; voilá; we get our
"siamese-mix", or point.

If its seal - you see if there is ANY black place... If not he may be blue / grey as the other one. The other one, righy, Im decently sure its blue (diluted black)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catladykaylie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's really interesting, thank you for being so informative. Really appreciate your help.