Whisper - Wild and Pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Triss, my little lynx siamese kitten. We had a scare with her a couple weeks ago. She was throwing up and having diarrhea. We were about to take her to the vet, but she got better that same evening. But it happened again the next day. And she got better again on her own. I prayed both times for Jesus to please heal her. We can’t afford a vet and I was going to have to use a credit card. Both times he did. We knew she might have gotten into something. I tore the house from end to end. Vacuumed excessively and hand washed the floors. Thank the Lord it did not reoccur and whatever she got into, must have gotten cleaned. We also went back to her original kitten food. We switched because it was cheaper. Not worth risking it again and it could be she has a sensitive tummy. I shopped for gentle adult cat food when she’s ready. Anyway, hope you enjoy the picture. I’ll post the others too when they hold still long enough, lol!
634FBA57-7D30-4232-9855-3D840AFF8D89.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Cutest kitten ever! Glad she is better, and, yes, the wrong food can cause an upset stomach.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lemmy, my panther Siamese, threw up pink today. He’s better now. We can only think he got into something. I really wish we could buy our own place. I try to keep my aunt’s place clean, but there’s no telling what’s hiding. The spay and neuter got delayed. We could not get them into the crates. Especially the mom. She doesn’t allow anyone to pick her up. I’m working with her on that. But it know it’s not going to work putting her in the crate that way. She’s also too smart and knows what I’m doing. Our new appointment is this month. I’m good to trap each one in the bathroom and disguise the crates as a hiding place. Hopefully they will either run into one or I’ll capture on in a towel purrito. Picture of Lemmy hopefully tomorrow.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is my little panther Siamese! I call that because he’s all black and has a triangular face.
D025654F-6F0C-4ECF-8358-170B94CFD38D.jpeg

This one shows how big he is already at 6 pounds. He’ll be 5 months this September 10th.
9DCC6A3F-F71C-484F-858B-5F3A73BBE00E.jpeg

This one is Lemmy with my Dire Wolf (Northern Inuit) Arya.
02CB8A6E-1A29-44F7-869E-1C5F509AE4C4.jpeg

These next two are of Yennefer. She’s my little terror but we love her anyway. :)
030D10BB-6FCA-439C-B286-20E4BF3D71FE.jpeg
919D21D3-1AFA-46CF-A38F-C4C3B92995CF.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
They are completely adorable and I love those suspicious little eyes. Arya is a gorgeous girl and looks so sweet with the kitty. That is how all my GSDs have been.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lemmy is driving me crazy. He keeps trying to get his mom pregnant. We’ve all lost a lot of sleep. I now have to watch Yennefer around him as well. She’s gone into heat, but prefers my 8 year old female to him, lol. I have him in the crate right now so I can eat lunch. I feel bad cause he Meeeeoooowing to get out. But every time I do he goes looking for her. A spray bottle works if I catch them together. And he sleeps in a separate room at night with my son. Whose lost a lot of sleep. We’ve got to get them in the crates this time. Can’t take the constant yowling and can’t afford more kittens.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes! They need a spay and a neuter and they’ll be happier too.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I took the day off, September 20th, to get them spayed and neutered. Gave them 2 weeks notice even, and suddenly everyone is going on vacation and also wanting that day off. They want me to drop my cats off and come to work! It’s an hour away! Would the vet want me to be close by in case there are complications? I’m trying to tell them a good reason why I can’t come in that day. I was going to stay close in the area and save on gas. What else could I tell them?

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My tabby kitten is only 3.8 pounds and will be 5 months tomorrow. I leave food out all day and night. What else should I do? She loves eating the canned food mixed with the dry in the morning, she won’t eat hardly just the dry. Are other two kittens eating all the morning food and not leaving enough for her? What should I do?

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I just have her a 1/4 of the canned kitten food and she ate it all! So I’m going to stray feeding her separately in the mornings and see if it makes a difference. Any thoughts still welcome. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would the vet want me to be close by in case there are complications?
Not really. The chance of complications in young healthy animals is very low anyway. But if your leave has already been approved, you don't really need to give them a reason. . .

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I would feed the one who concerns you separately until you find out what their eating styles are. I have had cats who would elbow others out of the way for food, ironically, even when there was more than anyone was going to eat. Often the left out member does not want the food that has already been licked though.

I have never had a complication at the vet's office, or even with wild births outside. I agree that you were given the day off and it is now yours, but maybe there are office politics that play into this. TBH, if something were to go awry, you aren't going to rush into the operating room or kennel area and do anything yourself if it does come down to you not getting the day in the end.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would feed the one who concerns you separately until you find out what their eating styles are. I have had cats who would elbow others out of the way for food, ironically, even when there was more than anyone was going to eat. Often the left out member does not want the food that has already been licked though.

I have never had a complication at the vet's office, or even with wild births outside. I agree that you were given the day off and it is now yours, but maybe there are office politics that play into this. TBH, if something were to go awry, you aren't going to rush into the operating room or kennel area and do anything yourself if it does come down to you not getting the day in the end.
Thank you! I didn’t think about other kittens coodies on the food. Lol! That does make since.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was guaranteed the day off, but they wanted me to come in. I held my ground and said no. It’s too much gas money to do so being an hour away.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Cat coodies are a big deal at my house. Glad you have the day off and can save a little money on gas.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to report that Triss is doing great! She no longer looks stoned and is more active as well. I’ll have a weight for you guys tomorrow.
AB4EE4EF-2006-4112-94C5-A89799CE8461.jpeg

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Triss is officially 4 lbs. She needs one more pound to go! I’m not getting her spayed at this time but she has an appointment in October to do so.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whisper, the mom, Lemmy, her son, and Yennefer, one of her daughters, are all getting spayed and neutered as we speak. I put mom in the bathroom with two crates. Tried a string as a lure. Nope. Put a towel down and placed her on it, giving reassurance and pets, wrapped her in the towel, using the purridio method, stood the carrier on end and placed her in butt first. She gave little resistance this time because I think she trusts me and also there was nowhere to hide in the bathroom. The other two I lured with a string, pushed their backend inside and closed the door. Took 15 minutes altogether. I can’t take all the credit though. I prayed first and God helped me.
I’ll be picking them up at 3:30 today. :)