Whisper - Wild and Pregnant

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also please do not give away the kittens. Lots of bad people out there who you think are awesome but are lying :( Sell them to ensure good homes. You can vaccinate and deworm them and ask for the price of what you paid per kitten. People will pay and you help ensure their health and well being while in a new home. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is snap- tested?
And also, my other cat and dog will be safe? Are you sure? Because we would LOVE to bring her out and let her explore and build a better relationship with her.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also please do not give away the kittens. Lots of bad people out there who you think are awesome but are lying :( Sell them to ensure good homes. You can vaccinate and deworm them and ask for the price of what you paid per kitten. People will pay and you help ensure their health and well being while in a new home. :)
I do plan on asking people I know only. Not total strangers. I would keep them before I do that. I’m also going to request that they give them back if they don’t think they can take care of them. Thinking of a contract. Must be spayed or nurtured. Must return and not put them in a shelter... something like that. :)

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot why I came on this morning. I’m not sure when her due date is. I just know she mated in February. She has pulled the blanket out a bit from the box. Is this nesting? Will she give birth within 2 weeks? I’ve pinpointed anywhere from April 5th earliest to May 1st latest.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve looked at many cat play pens and they are really no bigger than what she has now. I’ve taken a couple more pictures of her crate. Perhaps the one you saw before wasn’t a good pic.
72B1855E-D9EF-460B-838D-08A407105051.jpeg

Her birthing box is 10” deep and 2’ 2” long. The box on the left is a separate area from the crate solely for her litter. However, I’m making plans to block an area and let her out a little each day. My main concern is my Northern Inuit dog. She is super jealous and waaaaay too friendly once she makes friends. I always have to tell her to leave my other kitty, Willow, alone. She’s too affectionate and licks her face all the time. I need Whisper to feel safe so she will have her kittens. This is my main priority. Afterward, I plan on giving her more freedom. :)

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I let Whisper walk around the kitchen, in which her crate is located. I plan on doing this a few times a day, work permitting.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s having her kittens! She started around 2:30 and she had 3 so far. Pushing for a fourth.
I had to put the first by her to nurse. The second was struggling inside the sac while she paid attention to the first. The third sac had burst and kitten was half in half out head first. I took it under the arms and gave a tug. All are nursing and strong. So glad I read all I could. Waiting on the fourth. More to come.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is so exciting! You have helped this mama so much....please post how they are and pics if you can!

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The fourth one is born! All are nursing and mom is resting. The fourth, big brother kept crawling on him after he was just born. I had to move the first born so she could chew the cord away and nurse the fourth one. I think it’s just four. I’ll check on them later. Enjoy pics below!

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ll have to get a new birthing box and wash the bloody blanket. (No cursing intended)
The pee pads worked well. I used one to help pick them up.
When will it be ok to handle them? Like if I need to place it by mom. Not hold it.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
E5E2AF60-9ACB-4295-98EC-2BD692A1EDBF.jpeg

Is this ok? The three black ones have shoved the lighter one away. Mom seems concerned when it cries, but does nothing. Should I leave it alone or put it with the others?

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How many days should mom be let out to have a break from kittens?

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I could let her out now for a while? She doesn’t seem to want out at the moment. She’s a very attentive mommy. But I guess I’ll let her choose and just open the door.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, just open the door. She will want more breaks as the kittens get older. My cat barely left her kittens the first 3 weeks, but she would lie outside the nest for a bit but close by.

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems very healthy, and I might allow her to roam around my other pets in a couple of weeks. Her poo poo looks good. She’s had no issues as to health. Not even fleas.