whiskers

DJJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat looks like he has whisker fatigue. I have appropriate bowls for him. Are there any other ideas what would cause his whiskers to curve down? Nothing has changed in his health, eating habits, relationship with his brother, or his energy level. Thank you.

HPeters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are there any other behavioural changes? or is it just the physical shape of the whiskers that are concerning you? Are they curving down 100% of the time?

• Purraise
Reactions: DJJ

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any other ideas what would cause his whiskers to curve down?
Curve down? Literally? Because I haven't read anywhere that being a symptom of whisker stress. Whiskers do get curled down if they get exposed to hot though. Like a stove.

• Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DJJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, they are curled as if they used a curling iron ( NO, never happened!). About 75% are curled downward and it seems to be all the time. I don't observe any emotional changes. The boys (I have 2 brothers about 2 years old now.) are quite chatty & meowing, but I believe that started long before I noticed their whiskers. Would a warm house do it? I don't cook often in the summer time so the stove is a no, but I do keep my place pretty warm to avoid high air conditioning bills, I will lower the house temperature and hope that helps.(I will like that as well. It was 114* outside today!)
Thank you!

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Curled like actual spirals/ringlets? Or just curving down toward the floor? Because cats whiskers should naturally curve downward when they’re just chillin, and the more relaxed they are the more they’ll droop. If the whiskers are sticking straight out that’s actually generally a sign that they’re either uncomfortable or on high alert.

• Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DJJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops, I realized that after I typed it - my curling iron is a large roll, so no ringlets. They curl down towards the floor and droop is a good word choice. Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better!