Whiskas compared to fancy feast?

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are they really different? This is the Whiskas perfect portions ingredients.
1C0CCA5C-F576-4370-B6CD-52A496A1E4CC.png

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would, too! I wish we could get those Whiskas foods here. I think that sounds like a bit of a step up from Fancy Feast. Also very low carb but with fewer various gums. (I think guar is probably the best of the gums.)

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd feed it :)

I've not seen those anywhere here either! Looks similar to Sheba? Which is not cheaper to feed then FF here lol

Chicken, Water, Poultry Liver, Chicken Broth, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Tapioca Starch, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Salt

Crude Protein
9.0% min​
Crude Fat
5.0% min​
Crude Fiber
1.5% max​
Moisture
80.0% max​
Ash
3.0% max​
Taurine
0.06% min​

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd feed it :)

I've not seen those anywhere here either! Looks similar to Sheba? Which is not cheaper to feed then FF here lol

Chicken, Water, Poultry Liver, Chicken Broth, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Tapioca Starch, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Salt

Crude Protein
9.0% min​
Crude Fat
5.0% min​
Crude Fiber
1.5% max​
Moisture
80.0% max​
Ash
3.0% max​
Taurine
0.06% min​
These aren’t cheaper than FF either....they’re 89 cents for 2.6 ounces. I can get FF on sale for 50 cents for 3oz.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haev Whiskas here in Nebraska , in Walmart. But it is mostly treats and pouched boxed food, which my cats love! I noticed it is aslo the 'Purrfectly Chicken' which my cats absolutely love, and I pick that up in Dollar General. I always keep some of that around for sick cats that are refusing to eat, they usually eat that!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haev Whiskas here in Nebraska , in Walmart. But it is mostly treats and pouched boxed food, which my cats love! I noticed it is aslo the 'Purrfectly Chicken' which my cats absolutely love, and I pick that up in Dollar General. I always keep some of that around for sick cats that are refusing to eat, they usually eat that!
Yes, Walmart does sell Whiskas in the US but the foods I've seen on their site have very different ingredients from the Canadian ones. Here, for example, are the Purrfectly Chicken foods, which sound good until I see that they (very unfortunately!) include wheat gluten, which isn't in the food that Erin80 Erin80 was considering. I wouldn't feed our cats wheat gluten but I would definitely feed the Whiskas version that Erin80 can buy in Canada!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with leukemia, and right now I feed him whatever he will eat. Nutrition is very important, but at times I feed what will keep them alive. If they prefer Meow Mix, they would get it until they are past the crisis, then I would concentrate on nutrition.....

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with leukemia, and right now I feed him whatever he will eat. Nutrition is very important, but at times I feed what will keep them alive. If they prefer Meow Mix, they would get it until they are past the crisis, then I would concentrate on nutrition.....
It's great that your cat will eat the Whiskas, I'm glad it works for him and hope it continues to! I completely understand your perspective: every cat has its own dietary demands, preferences, and needs and very often "just eat" is the most important thing.

Foundkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the whiskas and the sheba perfect portion must be the same. Pkgng looks identical. All I can get my cat to eat is the salmon cuts and then not all the time. Ff classics are decent and low carb.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my kitties Whiskas and FF regularly, and throw in different brands now and then. And many different flavors of each. It's good to have more than one wet food brand on hand, just in case, as well as rotating different flavors in the mix so they don't tire of the same food.