Whining Kitty

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know why my cat does this, but i will often wake up as early as 12:30 a.m. to my 3 and a half year old calico bawling to go out side. the most recent was last night. is this behavior unnatural? and why does she do it? this has been happening off and on since... i want to say maybe january. i will be starting high school next year and i study under a program that has very complex study requirements. i can't waking up in the middle of the night like during school. Is there any way to prevent this? i have tried putting her out before i go to bed, but she never wants to until i am attempting sleep. please help!!!!!

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Kittylover,
Well your kitty has learned if she meows she will be let out, which would be a difficult habit to break. Since she is an indoor/outdoor cat I would suggest giving her a reason to go outside a bit earlier than 12:30am!
I would suggest feeding her dinner outside each night right before you go to bed, this way she will be egar to venture outside at an earlier time (FYI - if feeding wet food, place the wet food in a small bowl then fill a larger bowl with just a bit of water and set the small bowl inside the big bowl, the water acts as a barrier stopping ants and bugs from getting to the wet food) Another option you could do is purchase and install a cat door so your kitty can come and go as she pleases. Pet stores have several models you can choose from these days. I hope this helps and you get your much needed rest.

Take care,
Kerry

Originally Posted by kittylover13

I don't know why my cat does this, but i will often wake up as early as 12:30 a.m. to my 3 and a half year old calico bawling to go out side. the most recent was last night. is this behavior unnatural? and why does she do it? this has been happening off and on since... i want to say maybe january. i will be starting high school next year and i study under a program that has very complex study requirements. i can't waking up in the middle of the night like during school. Is there any way to prevent this? i have tried putting her out before i go to bed, but she never wants to until i am attempting sleep. please help!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thnx for your help! i will try this tonight and see if it works!
-kittylover13