which type of dog do you have with your cats?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 doggies, a female 4 year old Border collie mix named Millie, who is absolutely wonderful with the kittens- she cleans them, licks, them, nuzzles them, and comforts them, just like a mama would. Next is my male 6 year old rottweiler named Harley. He lives with a family member, though- they were gone for a while and took him back, but I'm still his mama! And last but not least, there's Lucy- a 1 year old female, who was supposed to be a chihuahua, but has grown to be about 9-10 pounds, long, lean, and leggy. We are thinking she is possibly a Small Portugese Hound- she's identical to one! (She's waaay to big to be a chihuahua, but not fat at allllllllll)

Ok, here's Millie in our yard looking pretty.

Harley in our living room, being handsome.

And. . .here's Lucy, as a very cute little baby!

Lucy is good with the kitties, but a little scared; what a sillyhead! As mentioned, Millie is amazing and patient with them, and Harley hasn't met them.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got a 6-year-old German Shepherd/Border Collie male cross that loves to sniff the kitty's butt. Scratch loves to torment him, but they're good buddies either way.

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 3 year old black Lab,Winnie.
2 year old border collie mix,Lana
2 year old pit/shep/lab/boxer mix,Sydney
1 year old Labradoodle, Hyde
7 month Golden/Lab mix, Bear

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we have a yorkie with our cats. we may be getting another yorkie, temporarily, when my cousin ships out to afghanistan next month. chachi and chloe get along just fine (as well as an alpha cat and alpha dog can get along lol) , but chachi is jealous of patches because shes a lap kitty.
however, last week when chachi was deathly ill with tonsilitis, the kitties slept with him until he felt better <333

puddinhead

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have Baxter, a cattle dog/basset and Rusty, a dachshund/boxer.
My cat will play with Baxter but won't be in the same room as Rusty.

pelly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had numerous dogs with my cats from Cairn Terrier, Jack Russell; Labrador ,Lurcher and Argentianhunting dog/american pitbullcross: The Labrador was the best; they used him as a climbing frame ; The Lurcher is good with them also despite their reputations:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had beagles and cocker spaniels (one male helped raise two orphan kittens), and a stray or two.

Niece currently has a great dane with her two cats, but had another great dane prevously, as well as a dane mix and a boxer.

Sis has had a golden retriever mix, Irish setter, borde collie mix, beagle mix, and a wolf/germanshepherd hybrid with her cats.

kittylova

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a lab. His name is Max. He Loves the cats. I will see if i could get a picture of him with birdie and socks.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Labrador (of course) - is there any other better dog???? lol

Watch those JRT's with cats. From our lab message board we had a post regarding JRT's and cats - about how they can attack and kill the cats even if raised from a pup - one day you come home to a dead cat. This is from the JRT message board - their experiences. They highly recommend you crate the JRT if you are not around to supervise.

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a Shiba Inu. She's been totally dominated by the cats from the moment we brought her home. Seamus holds her down and grooms her. Gator will occasionally leap onto her back and instigate a wrestling session. They'll all play tag every now and then. Seamus will chase her, she'll chase him, etc, etc. She's always play-bowing to him and making these weird vocalizations at him. She also does this odd thing where she'll be facing him, but turn her head upside down so that the top of her head in on the ground and she'll talk to him. It's strange. But Seamus is the undisputed king of the household.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have 2 cats and 4 dogs. Jenny is a rottie/yellow lab x, Rocky is a black lab x, Buster is a treeing walker coonhound/english coonhound x, and Ginger is a rat terrier/chihuahua x. we are lucky that Buster is good with the cats since hounds have high prey drives, although him and Jenny pester them sometimes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 2 at my parents. Tasha is a lab/shepard mix. Abby is a spaniel something odd mutt! She gets down with pumpkin to play and lets him groom her. Though punkin-man doesn't go for being groomed by a dog!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an aussie healer mix (Chloe) and well a mut that looks like a pit mixed with something ( Cash aka boy) I also have three cats. My CHLOE use to love to chase them around till I got my other dog now they just chase each other.

meow_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a BIG dog. Blue is german shepherd, husky, golden retriever. he doesn't normaly bother the cats but if he does is it just to sniff them or maybe to bark at them if the try to drink his water. :p

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two Yorkies and a Silkey. My older cat likes to chew on the Yorkies. They just stand there and let her chew on thier legs. The oldest cat also wrestles with the Silkey. Its cute to watch them play.

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a chinese crested spayed female and two German Shepherd Dogs-- one male and one female (spayed/neutered) Beavis the oldest cat chases the big dogs-- They could care less about Calista the chinese crested shes blind and toothless and the cats only aggravate her a little bit-- although she doeshave the wool pulled over the big dogs eyes lol