which type of dog do you have with your cats?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Wolf/ Germanshepherd mix at my house, and at Colin's house we have an Australian Shepherd/Collie mix....both are awesome~!!!

sabotagehex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a boston terrier/pit mix and a boxer/great dane/redboned coonhound mix that are great with my 2 year old and 9 week old kitten. Although, the coonhound mix does occasionally give in to her urges to chase if the cats pass by too quickly.

rozinante

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had an Old English Sheepdog, but she wasn't raised with cats so she wasn't too fond of them. She could tolerate them, but could never be left unsupervised.

Right now, we have a Pitbull/Lab mix that LOVES cats. He's mesmerized by them. He loved my kitty, and he loves all the outside cats he sees as well. He tries soo hard to be their friend, but they usually want nothing to do with him.

tagsmom899301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a Bernese Mountain/Spaniel doggie with my sweet little boy. Her name is Bobbi and she is still in the adjustment phase (wondering why on earth Mommy had to bring a kitty into the family, LOL).

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
God,..He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE Shelties,...but my husband doesn't,...lol,...I have fostered a few of them,..& literally fell in love,..they are so sweet,..aren't they?You are right about their ears,...Thanks for sharing his pictures,....TLEA

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,..We share our home with a maltese,a yorkie,..& a torti-point himmy,...& I am probably going to be adding one more "baby" to our family,...in the next few wks,...I am not quite sure if I could actually "pick" one,..so I will let the new baby "kind of pick me",.lol,...There are a few males,..a blk one,.a red one,..& they are pretty young,...so I will have to wait a few wks for them just the same,..I love how little boys just want to be loved all of the time,...& little girls,...well,.they only want to be loved when THEY feel like it,...,...The lady also has a flame point male thats alittle bit older,...& could probably be ready to be adopted,...as this lady usually keeps her kittens until they are about 12 wks old,..not when they are 8 wks,..as some do,..,.
She also has a torti shell female,...but,..my husband doesn't care for the idea of having 2 females,...& I think he also knows that I miss my "Gen",...he was MY baby,...& VERY,..loving,..he was even "huggable",...I miss him terribly,...can you tell,...even though I couldn't ever find another love like him,..I do want another male,..,..I will have both of my kitties spayed/neutered ,..NO little ones,..lol for us,...
If this one lady doesn't respond this wkend,..as sometimes,...she doesn't take any calls,..she is SO busy,...she says,..lol,..then,..I will contact another lady I know,..that is going to have a male shaded silver that will be old enough in a few wks,...so,..its all up to what ever is meant to be,...I even already have a name for him,..lol,..Dylan,..is what I "think" is what I am going to name him,...The shaded silver has the "baby/doll face,...which is fine with me,..thats what my female looked like,...she was beautiful,...too,..
TLEA

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Part german shepherd and part ?? but Sean acts and vocalizes just like his shepherd roots. He's definitely got the herding thing going on too, fortunately Neely thinks she is a dog and gives him a run for his money!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rozinante

I had an Old English Sheepdog, but she wasn't raised with cats so she wasn't too fond of them. She could tolerate them, but could never be left unsupervised.

Right now, we have a Pitbull/Lab mix that LOVES cats. He's mesmerized by them. He loved my kitty, and he loves all the outside cats he sees as well. He tries soo hard to be their friend, but they usually want nothing to do with him.

aww your dog is soo sweet! That's exactly how my dog Fosters is!
he LOVES kitties and always tries to kiss them and be friends and well....the kitties don't always love him back
poor fosters!