Which Trolley Carrier Would Be More Comfortable To Spend A Lot Of Time In?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't just use this carrier to take Hima to the vet but also this is going to be for emergencies. Like if there is a big earthquake and roads were closed, and I would need to walk for some kms and Hima would need to spend most of her time in the trolley. My main concerns are:

- I'm petite, 159cm height. The size should be suitable for the times I will use this as a backpack.
- I'm worried Hima might get claustrophobic but also worried with the ones that has full net front she might feel less privacy and get more anxious.

1) Ferplast. 44x37x60 cm

2) Trixie 36 x 50 x 27

3) Lepus 30 x 35 x 50

4) Trixie 44x30x40

Anyone has an opinion? You can totally say none is good too.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I kind of like #4, I think, it seems like it's a bit roomier for her... But I like #2 because it's up off the ground.

How big the wheels are, for ease of rolling possibly, and the weight of each product empty would be considerations too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of like #4, I think, it seems like it's a bit roomier for her... But I like #2 because it's up off the ground.

How big the wheels are, for ease of rolling possibly, and the weight of each product empty would be considerations too.
Good point about the weight. Unfortunately I could only get my hands on #1 Ferplast.

I'm also wondering if it's better to lie comfortably and only #4 seems to allow that like you noticed too, or it's better to be able to stand up better and have more room when she looks up.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd look for a backpack for the cat and rolling bag for supplies. My thinking being that if it is an emergency most of the rolling carriers would be bumping over things (if the ground is uneven or there isn't a paved road) and you might have to run at some point. The cat would bounce all over in the rolling bag while in a backpack might be a little more secure and stable. You'd also probably have a heavier weight in emergency supplies with water and food that would be easier to pull then carry while the cats weight on your back would theoretically be slightly lighter making it easier for you to carry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd look for a backpack for the cat and rolling bag for supplies. My thinking being that if it is an emergency most of the rolling carriers would be bumping over things (if the ground is uneven or there isn't a paved road) and you might have to run at some point. The cat would bounce all over in the rolling bag while in a backpack might be a little more secure and stable. You'd also probably have a heavier weight in emergency supplies with water and food that would be easier to pull then carry while the cats weight on your back would theoretically be slightly lighter making it easier for you to carry.
All these four bags can also be used as a backpack :-)