U-stew, ezcomplete, tcfeline, balenceIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
our cats love vegetables) you can replace them with cereals)
They eat vegetables usually because they have an umami flavor and cats are searching for protein. However, cats are obligate carnivores and therefore lack the capacity to properly digest plant matter. Most often, plant just serves as an unnecessary poop bulker.

I am also concerned that your suggested recipe is critically low in calcium, taurine, and other nutrients.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They eat vegetables usually because they have an umami flavor and cats are searching for protein. However, cats are obligate carnivores and therefore lack the capacity to properly digest plant matter. Most often, plant just serves as an unnecessary poop bulker.

I am also concerned that your suggested recipe is critically low in calcium, taurine, and other nutrients.
Azazel, what do you personally think of U-stew? Sorry; I just value your thoughts often. Also, agreed, specter will probably only get oat grass as her poop bulker as it seems to make everything move properly. (constipation is her downfall!) I'm not sure what other vegetable would work for that; or whatever,

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats have no need for vegetables in their diet. That said, commercial cat food do contain veggies but as cheap fillers and as a marketing thing to appeal to what a Human thinks of healthy food.

I use Better In The Raw, the supplement for raw meat. My cats like it. U Stew is no different, just for cooked meat. You can use chicken thighs if you want. Mix the shredded cooked meat with water and the U Stew, portion out, and serve.
Thank you for the input! I was just concerned as to if it's an ok dietary norm comparable to EZ; which I can't afford..

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Azazel, what do you personally think of U-stew? Sorry; I just value your thoughts often. Also, agreed, specter will probably only get oat grass as her poop bulker as it seems to make everything move properly. (constipation is her downfall!) I'm not sure what other vegetable would work for that; or whatever,
I haven’t had experience with it myself- actually, this is the first I’m hearing of it, but I just did a quick scan of the website and it sounds legit to me. It does sound like you can just use thighs. I say go ahead and give it a shot.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven’t had experience with it myself- actually, this is the first I’m hearing of it, but I just did a quick scan of the website and it sounds legit to me. It does sound like you can just use thighs. I say go ahead and give it a shot.
Thank you! I will indeed venture in giving it a shot, and will end up probably documenting it since there isn't much content on it here !

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
You probably know this already, but just to clarify - the thighs should be boneless!

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You probably know this already, but just to clarify - the thighs should be boneless!
Yep! But, I can take the bone out myself, right? I know that sounds dumb but just don't wanna screw up; lol..

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! But, I can take the bone out myself, right? I know that sounds dumb but just don't wanna screw up; lol..
Yes, you definitely can. You'll want to get a good scale to weigh the meat after you remove the bones.

I would also remove 80% of the skin.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buying bone in meat is a lot cheaper than boneless. Use a sharp knife to cut the bone out. There are lots of videos online on how to remove bone from chicken and other meat. The bone can be saved for soup (for you) or bone broth (for the cats).

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
U-Stew is for homecooked meals. Are you up for that? If so, really that's the best so I'd choose that one.
Yeah, I've been using it to make 1lb batches and she likes it; thank you. I just wanted to know what everyones thoughts are before i throw my money at something....

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Miko is so low calorie and low fat...I would be worried about feeding that exclusively. If you can get good ground meat, I'd do the U-Stew.
yeah that's why i asked... i would go with tiki cat but it's just too much money for very very little payoff so just honestly wanted to hear more thoughts on u stew. I'm paranoid like that.. thank you, i bought some and gonna get chicken from the market in bulk today

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope you are not still feeding the diet you described above as it is low in essential nutrients and has too many veggies.
this is our long-term diet with the addition of vitamin-mineral complexes, cats in excellent shape, and meat in stews, of course, much more than vegetables

Status
Not open for further replies.