Which litter?

Bagette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am on my second Maine Coon. The first grew to 25 pounds, the second weighs about what yours does (9 kg or 20 pounds). They definitely go through a LOT of litter. So Tidy Cats Breeze XL isn’t a clumping litter? I use World’s Best and have considered mixing it with another litter; mine IS a clumping litter, but might do well mixed with a non-clumping type. Maine Coons are the best, aren’t they?
We use Cat's Best, which I believe is pretty similar to World's Best. But when cat just got into our household I decided to use his leftover clay litter to help cat get used to new place. Since there wasn't enough of old litter, I had to mix two. The result: worked the same way as just Cat's Best, very well clumped in a single ball, had no issues whatsoever. So mixing indeed works, the only thing I would be cautious about is ratio.

And yes, Maines are the most magnificent creatures in the world :)

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We use Cat's Best, which I believe is pretty similar to World's Best. But when cat just got into our household I decided to use his leftover clay litter to help cat get used to new place. Since there wasn't enough of old litter, I had to mix two. The result: worked the same way as just Cat's Best, very well clumped in a single ball, had no issues whatsoever. So mixing indeed works, the only thing I would be cautious about is ratio.

And yes, Maines are the most magnificent creatures in the world :)
what about the litter sticking to her fur?

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what about the litter sticking to her fur? its a problem!

Bagette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what about the litter sticking to her fur?
With Cat's Best I had no such issues whatsoever. But they have variants such as Gold designed specifically for long-haired breeds or Smart that suppose to prevent sticking problem entirely.
Basically, look for non-stick natural litter, there are a bunch of them.

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what about the litter sticking to her fur? its a problem!
I have never had a problem with World’s Best Litter sticking to fur, and my Maine Coon has a LOT of fur there. Never sticks to their pads either, made from corn,

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, with those that said carpet or pad and bigger box 😎 Try a large plastic storage bin.