Which KMR to buy

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, my cat is currently pregnant and is around 5/6 weeks along. I have all the supplies ready for the birth and all the “just in case” supplies but the last thing to get is KMR.
I know I probably shouldn’t stress too much about which one as long as I have one on hand but thought I’d ask here if you guys had any good/bad experiences with specific ones.

I’m in the UK and am aware a lot of you are from America so branding may be different or not available here/there but happy to see what’s suggested and look into it

The ones I am considering:
Pet Ag KMR
Royal Canin baby cat milk
Beaphar lactol milk
Cimicat milk substitute

Thanks in advance! :)

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've only used Royal Canin Babycat Milk with my foster babies, but it's always done the job well!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
PetAg or Royal Canin - both are excellent. Give mom a dish a day from now through her nursing days. She needs the extra calcium.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Observe, Pet Ag KMR is better in powder. This premixes has the advantage it is small cheap bottles. So you can have one at hand, to not be defenceless in the middle of the night. And get something better (but more costly) in the morning.

All four should work, but KMR has a solid good reputation.

If you can get a goat milk based kmr is a good alternative. or even 3% fat goats milk, it should work.