which kitten food is better?

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just wondering what people's thoughts are on the following wet food for little ones: royal canin babycat 34 and kitten 36 or wellness kitten. is one "better" than the other? or are they about the same? in terms of quality meats, vitamins, etc. thank you for reading...

jlc20m

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin Kitten 36

Chicken Meal, rice, corn gluten meal, corn, chicken fat (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and citric acid), chicken, dried egg powder, natural chicken flavor, pea fiber, beet pulp, salmon oil, dried brewers yeast, sodium silico aluminate, potassium chloride, chicory extract, choline chloride, sodium chloride, L-lysine, brewers yeast extract (saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles), calcium carbonate, sodium tripolyphosphate, taurine, Vitamins (di-alpha tocopherol (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), niacin, biotin, riboflavin (vitamin B2), d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement), Trace minerals (zinc proteinate, zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, calcium iodate), marigold extract.

Royal Canin Baby Cat 34

Chicken meal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), chicken, corn gluten meal, rice flour, beet pulp, corn flour, chicken flavor, chicken liver, pea fiber, fish oil, canola oil, brewers yeast, sodium caseinate, potassium chloride, zeolite, dried egg product, chicory extract, salt, choline chloride, brewers dried yeast, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, taurine, natural antioxidant, vitamin C supplement, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, zinc oxide, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, manganese oxide, calcium pantothenate, manganese proteinate, niacin supplement, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite, vitamin B12 supplement.

Wellness Kitten

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Rice, Ground Barley, Ground Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a natural source of Vitamin E), Natural Chicken Flavor, Salmon Meal (Source ofDHA, Docosahexaenoic Acid), Chicken Liver. Cranberries, Tomato Pomace, Olive Oil, Chicory Root Extract, Cranberry Extract Powder, Cranberry Fiber, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Case, Lactobacillus Acidophilus.

Absolutely no question as far as I'm concerned...

Wellness is MUCH better for your Kitten!  

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l agree with the posters above.

My kitten came to me eating Babycat, and l weaned him off it to a rotation of foods, including Wellness grain free (not kitten). He likes the Evo kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone! You all confirmed what I was thinking. I'm currently feeding my 12-week old Bella Wellness Kitten wet along with Wellness grain-free wet (twice the amount). When I took Bella to the vet a week ago because of loose stools, he suggested Royal Canin. She was eating Evo Cat and Ktten at the time. But with a change to Wellness canned and FortiFlora, her stools are normal now.

Thank you for all your opinions!!!

Jlc20m

P.S. I"m also supplementing her diet with a little of the chicken recipes Weruva. Just a little because I don't like all the potato starch in it and the fact it is so low in fat (1%).

Last edited:

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone! You all confirmed what I was thinking. I'm currently feeding my 12-week old Bella Wellness Kitten wet along with Wellness grain-free wet (twice the amount). When I took Bella to the vet a week ago because of loose stools, he suggested Royal Canin. She was eating Evo Cat and Ktten at the time. But with a change to Wellness canned and FortiFlora, her stools are normal now.
Thank you for all your opinions!!!
Jlc20m
P.S. I"m also supplementing her diet with a little of the chicken recipes Weruva. Just a little because I don't like all the potato starch in it and the fact it is so low in fat (1%).
You can also give the Nutro products a look see at http://www.nutro.com/natural-pet-food/natural-cat-food.aspx   There are 2 lines of food.  Nutro Max Cat and Nutro Natural Choice.  All of mine went through their kitten hoods on Nutro products and have done quite well on it.  Today their wet diet consists of both lines of Nutro products as well as other premium brands for changes in texture and flavors.   Good luck in your search!