Which is your favorite chocolate for making chocolate chip cookies?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1664913087402.png

For me it's either the milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Chopped semisweet chocolate, 70% cacao or higher, the darker the chocolate the better :yummy:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I get 72% cacao Belgian chocolate bars at Trader Joe's and chop them into pieces for chocolate chip cookies. I use them in fudge, too. And the price is right!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chopped semisweet chocolate. It has been ages since I last made cookies. When the kids were still home, I made a lot of chocolate chip cookies and always used the semisweet chocolate chips, but I do prefer the chopped chocolate. I don't think I would like milk chocolate in cookies, too sweet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Semisweet and peanut butter together. I think I've done milk and peanut too years ago. Those went to the boys group at church so I don't think "too sweet" was in their vocabulary. :rolleyes2:

A friend sent me cookies once and used Ghiradelli ones and they were SO good I had to ask for the recipe and which chips to get.

I could really go for a batch right now! :lol:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the semisweet for regular chocolate chip cookies, but the milk chocolate chips for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I've discovered that the directions on the package for the pb cookies isn't peanutty enough, so next time I'm going to add more peanut butter than called for. I also like the cookies soft, so I will bake them a shorter time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ghirardelli semi-sweet and bittersweet 60% cacao chips.
I'll use Nestle's in a pinch. That's it.