Which Big Cat?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could say something else than tiger, but you would know immediately I would be lying, so I say Sabertooth Tiger (Smilodon), unless space alien race from my scifi book is allowed here? :D

Smilodon:
That is one fine cat. And in answer to your question, who knows? :sigh:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be able to keep one penned up either. They free spirits and it would break theirs to be caged like that. I'd like to visit a snow leopard area, like a reservation one day. That would be one I'd like to be a visitor to in their own home.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...unless space alien race from my scifi book is allowed here?

I had forgotten the Kzinti from Larry Niven's Known Space series! What alien cat race were you thinking of, jtbo jtbo ?
There is also Kilrathi (Kilrathi - Wing Commander Encyclopedia), but I was thinking about Tigris of my own creation, which is influenced quite bit by Kilrathi just would need to spend more time writing and less planning to make book finish itself :D

Of course trouble with these is, they often like to make pet out of us instead! I mean, what is a Scifi without humanity at verge of destruction ? :-)

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Wing Commander! I played that game with the Kilrathi back in 1990! That was a really intense game.

Another favorite alien cat was the empathic treecat from the Honor Harrington series.

If you finish your literary work, let me know. I love scifi and I love cats. The combination can be irresistible!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of science fiction writers who have featured cats in their books, including Alan Dean Foster, Cordwainer Smith, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Heinlein, C.J. Cherryh, Anne McCaffrey, Ursula K. LeGuin, Octavia E. Butler, Ray Bradbury and the Grand Dame of science fiction, Andre Norton.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wing Commander! I played that game with the Kilrathi back in 1990! That was a really intense game.

Another favorite alien cat was the empathic treecat from the Honor Harrington series.

If you finish your literary work, let me know. I love scifi and I love cats. The combination can be irresistible!
I still have it. It won't run on the newer computers though.

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the longest time I was never really interested in big cats because I thought they were too different from what I love about house cats to really be "cats" in my mind, but then I saw this video:

I don't even care if I get mauled, I just want to hug a cheetah now. XD

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the longest time I was never really interested in big cats because I thought they were too different from what I love about house cats to really be "cats" in my mind, but then I saw this video:

Meowing, purring, and growling -- OMC OMC OMC! *SNORGLES* :redheartpump::loveeyes::lovecat2:

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None because, as others suggested, it would break their spirit. BUT my favourite big cat has to be a lion. Their square features just... my gah :loveeyes: I love looking at them. A melanistic, unneutered, super fluffy male lion would be my favourite appearance-wise. (They don't exist, the picture is photoshopped) But even their characters appeal to me! They seem more "lazy" compared to other, more slender big cats! :lol:

1a5428305174bb37801a95ccfaef9424.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None because, as others suggested, it would break their spirit. BUT my favourite big cat has to be a lion. Their square features just... my gah :loveeyes: I love looking at them. A melanistic, unneutered, super fluffy male lion would be my favourite appearance-wise. (They don't exist, the picture is photoshopped) But even their characters appeal to me! They seem more "lazy" compared to other, more slender big cats! :lol:

View attachment 197382
WOW! That would be "my" cat, too!!!

Belle Bosse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it is unlikely that you would get mauled by a Cheetah if you gave them the respect and space they needed and were given the option to choose if they wanted to be that close to you... even the little cats appreciate having that option of choice to interact or not. The Cheetah might not be as soft and cuddly as they look though.
But yes, I'd love to have a close encounter with the Cheetah some day too...

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

OH man that was ADORABLE.
I would definitely need a big cat that meows- it's one of my favorite things in the world!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'd just love a cheetah. We'd get along so well, I'd race with her/him and we'd go hunting together. I adore their lean build and the tear marks and the black-ringed tail!

(Suki sort of looks like a cheetah. She's a bit too short and stubby though)
IMG_9080.JPG

But, Raini resembles a panther, so I guess I already have a big cat!
IMG_8938.JPG

Chryssabella

Catsle named Catarina
Kitten
Purraise
For awhile I had my sweet pantheress Ivy Kitty. A black beauty that reminded me of a black panther's speak grace and beauty every time I saw her. The smaller cat with the white chest was known as Sylvester. Sadly both have long crossed the rainbow bridge may their new adventures be filled with excitement. If I had to chose who I'd like to meet next it'd definitely be a cheetah I've always loved them!

Attachments