Which 80's Movie?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I liked Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club because they were produced by John Hughes but they were not my favorite movie by him - I wish Pretty in Pink would have been on the list. I loved that movie as well as the soundtrack.
So I'd have to say Bettlejuice was my favorite 80's movie from the list.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a hard time picking!!! So my top 3 are Labyrinth, Back to the Future and....either Ghostbusters or Goonies...So My top 4 then...But I really like Beetlejuice and Dirty Dancing.....and The Lost Boys.......and Gremlins....soooo....apparently this question is too hard for me....never mind.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Outsiders. I especially loved the book. Even got "stay gold" tattooed on my wrist.
I also loved Gremlins and Footloose!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
probably none of them since what i remember most about some of them is how some of those lil girls in my grade obsessed over the actors:lol: but if i had to pick it would be even between the outsiders(can relate kinda to the poor kids vs rich kids tensions) and the lost boys

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of those are my 'favorite'. But from the list I'll go with Labyrinth and GhostBusters.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Labyrinth I used to watch it with my kid's and sing along. My youngest now 20 told another kid at nursery ( your mother's a fricking ardvark) and shook his fist at him. I had to explain he was acting out a scene with two tiny men from that film.:lol: it was soooo awkward but luckily the teacher had seen the film too and saw the funny side. Obviously I did tell him not to say that to anyone again.:flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dirty Dancing. I wasn't allowed to watch the whole thing back in the 80s. :lol:

I actually really hate a lot of 80s movies. :lol:

But as a kid I loved the soundtrack to Footloose that someone had copied for me. I think Dirty Dancing would still take the favorite spot because I don't remember Footloose nearly as well and I think Dirty Dancing is the only one I've watched again as an adult.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beetlejuice. I was a kid when I watched maybe 10 times on VHS. In my 20s I learned it wasTim Button's. I've been in love with whatever he makes ever since. In my 30s I learned it was Harry Belafonte in the soundtrack. I've loved his songs ever since. Thank you AbbysMom AbbysMom for reminding us of those days :)