Whew! the poo, it's blue!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if any of you had any stories to share about any bad things your kitten or cat has eaten which kept you worried for several days until you knew that your cat would be all right. Parts of toys? strings? & the like? A few days ago, Milly chewed off & swallowed 1-2 inches of a tail from one of her woolly mice toys before I could catch her from doing so. I was nervous about her getting an intestinal blockage... and waited for the signs of trouble. But luckily about a day later, the blue wool tail piece showed up in her litterbox encased in poo. Woohoo! A good ending this time. But what have been your experiences & anecdotes? Did you add anything to their food to try to make the "unfortunate digestive journey" a bit more successful and comfortable for the cat? I didn't and luckily, it all worked out (this time). That woolly toy has been put away for now - I thought her teething episodes were over but she is still chewing on a few things at 6.5 months.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think cats, as well as kittens like to chew.  I tried to get them some greenies, but they only want to chew on stuff I try to grab away from them.  I rescued a broken chair to use out on my balcony, and the cats will chew on the stump of wood where the arm used to be.  The chew on the corner of my laptop, as well as the cord if they can get to it.  Tati loves chewing branches when she climbs trees.  They chew most of the plants on the balcony, as well as the containers. This is not to be confused with eating grass or pet greens, which they also do.  They chew straws, and headbands and they really like to chew felt ears on fuzzy toys.

kitten54321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My girls a terror! Her name's Zoe and she'll eat to chew anything small enough to fit in her mouth. Were constantly hiding hair ties, plastic bags, strings, electrical cords ect.
Whenever I know my cat has eaten something I'd stop feeding dry and let her have wet food only, to help ease whatever it is that she's eaten out. I've also gotten her this hairball paste that she gets daily that helps immensly whenever she eats something, we haven't had a hairball in months! Otherwise I just wait and hope for the best while having the vet on speed dial!