Where's the chart listing the nutitional content of each commercial food?

Willowwombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A while back someone linked me to a chart on this site that showed the protein, fat and carb content of commercial foods. NOT the ingredient spreadhseet listed here.

I've found a wet food that both cats will eat but its VERY expensive. I don't mins spending the money if it's a decent food, but I need that chart.

Does anyone know where the chart is?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have it but if you google your brand and flavor, they almost always have the nutrition information for it. Or let me know what it is and I will look it up for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowwombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but no, it's chart someone here linked me to to that showed the nutitional values of commercial foods.not the ingredient list, but the relative percentages of protein, fat and carbs.

I'll see if I can find my earlier post on this way back

Willowwombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The catfooddb.com site was the one I ws looking for, but I'll also have a gander at the petfood list.org site as well.

It looks as though the Instnct wet food I'm giving them now is pretty decent compatred to the pouches they were eating, so I think I'll continue, adding a wee bit of the Dr. Elsey's dry at dinner time to keep them full at night.

I have managed to wean my fat girl off the regular dry food she was getting, so that's a step forward. She's not losing much weight but her nutrition is better.

EDIT: I got the 2022 petfoodlist and not one of them is available here in British Columbia, so that's a bust. Oh, well..

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through the switch from dry to wet with Willow a few years ago. It has made a big difference in her weight and her coat. She is on Nutro right now, mostly because that is all she will eat. It has protein at 11.5% which is the only thing I look at closely. But Target just came out with theI Kindful brand of cat food which is both cheap and reasonably nutritious and she actually likes that as well.

Willowwombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, so having looked at the chart, I see that the Instinct food I've switched them to is a better choice than the Natural Balance pouches. It's not the very best food, but it's better, and more to the point, they will both eat it. Of course the pet food bills just went up 50% but hey, they're worth it and it might save me a few thousand dollars later in their lives.

They eat three times a day (down from four mini-feeds) and I think at noon I will just give them a tiny amount of the Dr Elsey's dry, which seems to fill them up nicely for a few hours. It satisfies my Willow's craving for crunchy food and has good nutrition, so that works.