Where to move a colony of feral cats

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Myself and a friend have been feeding a colony of feral  cats for the past 5 months.  The colony is located in the back yard of an elderly neighbor who has passed away and now the house is on the market.  She had 9 feral cats.  The location is in a small town, no  no-kill shelters in the area, there is an abundance of feral cats in this town, so no one is interested in adopting.  We are looking for someone who lives in the country and may have a use for say, barn cats.  No luck.  My friend and I cannot adopt any of these cats, we each have our quota of pets.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your area have a "Buy, Sell, Trade" Facebook page for your area? If local people know of the kitties' plight, they may have some suggestions. Praying that you get good solutions very soon & blessings to your friend and you for caring for that lady's kitties...it is an honorable thing that you do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply.  I did not even think about using Facebook to reach my community.  I myself do not have an account, but my friend I believe does,  Thanks again!