where to find a plexiglass trap?

jlatham

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know where I can buy a PLEXIGLASS TRAP to catch a very untrappable feral? I've tried 2 major animal supply places (R.C. Steele & Aces Supply), but no dice. These traps are easier to use than the metal ones because the animal thinks the clear plastic at the end is an opening. So far, this cat has resisted both metal traps & a large drop trap, so I need to try something else. Thanks. Joyce

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, no. I don't know you, so please don't be offended - but we have found that many "untrappable" cats are easily trappable with a change in strategy. Have you checked out the trapping tips? You may have already tried these, but just in case....

Trapping Cats and Kittens

I'll also check www.meowhoo.com - your place for everything cat (founded by The Cat Site's webmaster, Anne!)

Laurie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi jlatham

I recently caught "Gangster" a feral cat who had been terrorizing my colony for over a year. I would be happy to share with you how I finally got this scrappy Tom to go in the trap. In my 13 years of rescuing ferals, I have never seen one so unwilling to go in a trap as was Gangster. I finally talked to a vet at OSU and he gave me a tip. It is not a pleasant tip- but it worked and that is all that matters. You can PM or email me and I will share it with you.

I have also never seen a plexi-glass trap. I suppose you could make one though- using one of those plastic cubes and some sort of rigged door.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard back from Tomahawk Live Trap. (!) They apparently have a polyethelene trap. I did not take the time to hunt it down on the site. They did include the model number (but polyethelene sounds like it is made of plastic, not like it is clear). Sorry!

We do have the plasticatch trap, Tomahawk model #924 which is 24 x 9 x 9, it is made of a polyethylene material. You can see them online at www.livetrap.com. The Tomahawk #924 sells for $39.95 plus shipping and handling.