Where I've been and what we've been doing... (you know me, this is long ;) Oh - and LOTS of picture

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: :lol3: Of course GH meant claim as hers vs. other humans!

Thank you ALL for your knocking wood, good thoughts, and vibes - THEY WORKED! :woohoo:

All went VERY well with the inspection today. Of course there are a number of minor things that will be taken care of. Overall, the inspector was in love with the home. It was apparent it was built by a builder (that knew what he was doing) for his own use, and he said he rarely sees craftsmanship like it. He sees absolutely zero signs of settling - apparently that's unusual. He's never ( "NEVER" ) seen a basement like it. There's not much down there, but he moved everything, wondering if they were trying to hide signs of water. :lol3: The home was clearly priced on the year it was built, not its condition. The inspector said that if he didn't know the year it was built (and hadn't seen the a/c or the style of plates you put around light switches - apparently very 70s, lol), he said he would have guessed it was five years old and built by a master craftsman.

The main issues:

The a/c needs to be replaced, and the septic needs at least a new ... distribution box. There is a pipe from the tank to the distribution box that he can't write as unsatisfactory, but recommends we replace it when they put in a new distribution box. It was clogged, and they "drilled" it open - but it will continue to give us problems unless we replace it. But the cost to replace it when they put in a new distribution box will be much less than if we have to dig everything up again.

And that's mostly it! Some new flashing is needed around an exhaust pipe on the roof, and a few more really minor things. The fireplace was obviously for show - he thinks it's been used maybe 3 - 5 times its entire life. It was spotless. He had me look up the chimney, LOL. It freaking looks new.

Closing is still "on" for October 8th.

:eek:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am gonna do a dance........................ :flail: :hyper:

:dance: :jump: :woohoo: :banana1: :high5: :woo: :bigthumb: :dance: :music: :party4: :party: :banana2: :jive: :rockout: DOES that about tell you how happy I am to hear the great news!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :D :D :happy3: :lovegrin: :lovegrin2: :sun: :heart3:

Last edited:

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea !!! For you guys and your fur family ! [emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji] [emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji]:) :)[emoji]128568[/emoji] [emoji]128568[/emoji]
Lisa

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Laurie I am speechless at this fabulous news!!!!!!!!! Nobody could ever be more deserving of this absolute paradise than you and Gary!!

Congratulations!!  Woohoo!   

The pics, well they just take my breath away, what a dreamhouse for you!! The kitties? Wow, they will live a fat life, so much to do and explore, oh my gosh, just too awesome for words!!

What could possibly be more perfect?!  I can't get over the views from all windows, and how private and secluded it is, like I said, it's just paradise waiting for people like you :)

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What an absolutely gorgeous home! You won't know yuorselves when you get in there! And all that forest surrounding you, so lovely. Congratulations LDG :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So very happy for you, Gary and all the kitties.  Lovely home!  It has a really great feel to it, nice details and great outdoor space for you and the cats. Wishing everyone many years of happiness