Where does your cat hide their toys? Mimi hid all the spring toys.

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have had Mimi for 6 weeks now. She was in the shelter "a really long time". The photo of her is in her favorite hiding spot, by the baseboard heater. So...I have given her many of those little spring toys. And they are all missing. The yellow one is the last one left. I have looked all through the bedroom in all nooks and crannies. No spring toys. Where did she hide them? I am wondering if they are right under where she sits, like a mother hen on her chick eggs. I don't know if I should get her more spring toys?
Where does your cat hide their toys?

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine lose them under furniture. There are enough toys that by the time I dig them out, they have forgotten them and it's like I just bought them new toys.

The worst ones are ping pong balls. There are probably a dozen of those around here, hidden. I even found one inside a project I'd laid down for a while and had gone back to finish.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow must have at least a 100 spring toys but you only see a dozen or so at any one time. If there is a small space she had toys behind it. Behind dressers, under the bed and under the living room furniture are the primary spots but she also likes to play hockey with springs and puffs using the gaps under hallway doors as goal posts. The closets get cleaned out daily but the other spots much less frequently so they are chock full when I pull them out.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Of all my cats, only Graham is the most playful one. She hides the toys everywhere: Under the bed, stove, couch, behind the door etc. Sometimes she is probably too tired to hide them and just leaves them scattered on the floor.

slowblink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those spring toys are so slidey! They're the only toys we think have probably gotten stuck under the washer/dryer and oven.

However, we did have a plumber come in recently, and he had to move a dresser to get to some pipes in a wall.... When he was finished he left us a gift of at least 10 of those sparkly pom-pom balls Yuri loves to play with. He had gathered them from under the dresser and left them out in a pile!

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a bag of 50 ping pong balls off Amazon for this reason-- I was tired of having to go looking for things. And then yesterday when I went to load my reusable shopping bag at Target, there sat a red ping pong ball! (Doubly mystifying because I try never to leave that bag out, for fear she'll get caught in it).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Willow eight years ago when she was around two. I had just cleaned under the bed and was finishing removing the dust from and sorting the toys I found there. She still didn’t get close to me at this point but these were HERS and she wanted them back.

CB9E15DC-E810-44A1-9F5E-3FCA54ABE38A.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had Mimi for 6 weeks now. She was in the shelter "a really long time". The photo of her is in her favorite hiding spot, by the baseboard heater. So...I have given her many of those little spring toys. And they are all missing. The yellow one is the last one left. I have looked all through the bedroom in all nooks and crannies. No spring toys. Where did she hide them? I am wondering if they are right under where she sits, like a mother hen on her chick eggs. I don't know if I should get her more spring toys?
Where does your cat hide their toys?
Well, I've spent almost every day of my life with cats, so there have been a lot of hidden toys! These days, we have bowls and boxes full of toys, because I like to rotate them frequently so there's always something "new" and there are toys perched on and by the cat furniture, on the bed they share with me, etc. I rarely find anything hidden these days, as a result!
IMG_0308.JPG

Elvis and a few of his toys!

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish (6) usually doesn't play with toys on her own. For her, toys are means to play with her human who does the entertaining. Nonetheless, shes got a soft spot for things that are lightweight and roll unpredictably (olives, short wires twisted into odd shapes). Those she sends underneath the TV cupboard, expecting them to reappear. She knows balls roll back from there. But, these toys don't. Moving on to other games, we forget them. Once a month I collect the pile. Unlike Willow, Minish no longer owns them when they are unearthed. Already dead and done...

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if he looses them in play they are always under the: bed, couch, lazy boy, stove or fridge. 🤦🏻‍♀️

If he hides them they are on my bed, in/by his cat tree, the closet & lately in the bathroom where I stuck his rainy day tub (on it’s side with some toys in it along with cut up paper Easter grass. Tissue paper works for this.

I would look under the living room furniture first, then under/behind things in the kitchen.

As you can see Jackie loves to hide and find his toys in his rainy day activity tub. You can do this for your kitty with tissue paper & a box.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Willow eight years ago when she was around two. I had just cleaned under the bed and was finishing removing the dust from and sorting the toys I found there. She still didn’t get close to me at this point but these were HERS and she wanted them back.

View attachment 374058
I would love to hear more about Willow. Mimi is 5 and we think this is her first home. We have had her almost 2 months and she still hides from me. We have safe hiding spots for her. All unders are blocked. When did Willow warm up to you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well if he looses them in play they are always under the: bed, couch, lazy boy, stove or fridge. 🤦🏻‍♀️

If he hides them they are on my bed, in/by his cat tree, the closet & lately in the bathroom where I stuck his rainy day tub (on it’s side with some toys in it along with cut up paper Easter grass. Tissue paper works for this.

I would look under the living room furniture first, then under/behind things in the kitchen.

As you can see Jackie loves to hide and find his toys in his rainy day activity tub. You can do this for your kitty with tissue paper & a box.
Love the rainy day box. Will do!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to hear more about Willow. Mimi is 5 and we think this is her first home. We have had her almost 2 months and she still hides from me. We have safe hiding spots for her. All unders are blocked. When did Willow warm up to you?
I message you the story of Willow, as it’s a long one. But a funny story about toys and her first night. I hadn’t planned on adopting so when I got her I had none of the necessary things. I put her in her room and left to pick up all the necessary items a cat needs which included lots of toys. And when I returned and checked the bag from the shelter there were even more toys in it , so she at least fifteen different cat toys In her room. Willow was, as I had expected, hiding up in the mattress so I set everything, including the toys out and left her. In the morning when I went to check in her she was still hidden but I could tell she had been out because every single toy had vanished, now all in hiding with her.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Springs usually end up under the stove at our house. You would think it's a hockey goal the way they pile up under there. I use a yardstick, which is long and narrow, to pull them back out. As soon as Mingo sees me with the yardstick, he knows what I'm going to do, and crouches near the stove, watching for the springs come out.