Where do you keep your litter box?

glitterymittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is GlitteryJezebel, for some reason I wasn't able to log back in so I had to make this name - (my little boy cat's name).
I feed them both Science Diet.. Took them to the vet after the last post and he also suggested another litter box and that feeding them two times a day is not too much. I think the main problem I have with Jezebel's litter box habits is that, while turning around to sniff if she'll poke her poop then cover it, so poop gets in her paws. Why does she poke it? Never had a cat do that and the vet didn't know why she does it either. They checked her for worms, anything that might be causing her to examine her own feces. They said there's nothing wrong with her physically.
I study at home, and I am out of work so I'm here 24-7 except when going to a grocery store. I play with them for maybe a total of 4 hours a day.. But when we're playing, Mittens will jump in the litter box to hide from me and when i come by he jumps while tossing litter at me. They both have cat stands and there are plenty of places we've set up for them to play and high places for them to sit by the windows and hiding places. I think you were right Hissy about them not being with mom to learn. But I'm not sure what to do. It's not healthy for the cats or us humans to be exposed to feces being tracked everywhere. Tuxedokitties, do you know any of the brand names of the litters marked "low tracking"? The vet suggested maybe teaching her not to touch it.
Thanks for your advice.