Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 35 21.6%

• Total voters

mintycupcake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to keep one it the bathtub of my guest bathroom, but my dad recently fixed the shower and for a while it seemed like a friend was going to move in (still don't know what's going on there), so I moved that one. Now there both in the utility area.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ticked hallway and bathroom, back home Gracie’s had the hallway as her room now we in an apartment temp she has all her stuff in the bedroom as she stayed in one room , I’m viewing new homes at the moment and Gracie is on my mind down to how to secure a balcony (previously ground floor ) to where place her litter box and scratch posts ! If only she knew x

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
i used tin 'snips' to cut the entry to the litter boxes, and i used a round sander stone (drill) bit in my power drill to sand the edges smooth. i wouldn't say the process was particularly hard, but it also wasn't 'quick and easy'. i also used duct tape around the storage bin (going around the outside of the storage bin several times), just below the entry i'd cut, for extra support. once the cat litter is put in it, the storage bin side near the entry can bow outward a bit over time -- so the duct tape holds the side with the entry in it more 'in place'/as it should be. i absolutely love these litter boxes! they're about 2 1/2 times the size of a (very) large litter pan available at the stores, and very easy to scoop and clean.

my snips are similar to these (and mine weren't expensive) -- Aviation Snip Set (3-Piece)-NB3PCSNIP - The Home Depot
What size and high do you have?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only had one cat at a time. My place is not that big, (approx a thousand sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath). The one bathroom is too small, not really any good place to put one in there, so it's in a corner in the kitchen. Since it's just me, (I usually eat at the coffee table anyway, in front of the TV.)
I have the little hand vac over there too, along w/ all the necessities, so it's easy.
I use an old ebpsome salt container as the "poopy pale" lol! Made a little hanger for the bags out of wire, & tacked it up on the wall there, as well as the scoop. :wink:
IMG_20180401_084743617.jpg
here you can see how tucked away it kind of is. I had to put the mat on the side, because she jumps out on the side...silly girl!
IMG_20180401_084009934.jpg

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How interesting! When I voted I would have never guessed that the bedroom would be most popular. My cat has two boxes, one under my desk in my office and one in kind of like a small hallway/basement/winecellar that we have. It's kinda strange, but its an old little European home. She religiously uses one for #1 and the other for #2. Obviously she chose for the poopbox to be the one under the desk where I work all day. Oh, kitty.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i duct taped over the labels :paperbag:, so i'm going to give approximate measurements. height is about 15 to 17 1/2 inches, width around 24 inches (at the top of the storage container, the sides taper inward so the measurement would be a little (like maybe a couple inches less) at the base/bottom), and the length is about 36 inches. i cut the 'entry' so the botton of the entry is 8 inches from the bottom of the storage container -- in an effort to minimize litter scattering, as well as avoid kitties heaving piles of litter out of the box while covering their 'business'. my three cats easily step into and out of the litter box entry. mine are all sterlite brand clear storage containers. i bought them online from walmart, in a set of 4 storage containers with lids (cost less per storage container, to buy in a set) and they were shipped to my home.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well with 10 cats I have litter boxes everywhere, lol. Both bathrooms have a litter box, one under the sink in the main bathroom and the other in the broken shower stall in the master bedroom bathroom. I normally have one in the laundry room so I checked that, but the laundry room is being redone so there isn't currently a box in there. I also have two in a spare room that is set up for the cats, one of the boxes is the one from the laundry room. One box in the boot room and one box in the sun room/dog room. When it's warm enough most of my cats go outside so they also use the ground outside.

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most places I've lived, the litter box has been in the laundry room. One place I lived in basically had the laundry in a closet, but the bathrooms were massive so I put the box in a bathroom. My current place has shared laundry, and the bathroom is tiny, so the box is tucked away at the end of a hallway behind my roommate's shoe rack. I'll be moving again soon, and will be going to take measurements of the place today to figure out where everything will be going. I think this time the box will probably end up in one of the two big walk-in closets (we would take the door off the closet), but I'm hoping to find a more ideal spot when I go measure everything...

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four cats and six litter boxes. We don't use the large bedroom in the basement and it has a wood floor so the litter boxes are in there on little carpets. We spend most nights in the basement TV room with the cats close by so it is rather convenient for them. I am thinking of building a modular structure so I can stack them. Modular so I can clean and move it easy. Stack them and have little ramps to litter levels :)

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our apartment has 1-1/2 bathrooms. The full bathroom upstairs and a half-bath downstairs. It's a small bathroom... 6x8 feet. Just a commode and a sink.

Casper's box is in the downstairs bathroom. It's a large-ish covered box with a flap.

The humans use the upstairs bathroom most of the time anyway so it's really no big deal.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just put this one together. Would have liked it a little longer. One of my cats pees standing up. This should help
20180406_202534.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I guess so. Looks like they have it held together with zip ties on the side like hinges, so probably just open the top from the other side & scoop.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a small 2-room apartment. The only available space for the litter box is in the bedroom.

Unfortunately :barfgreen:

Starznight

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We tried to find the quietest places for our litterboxes, so one is in the laundry room as it’s only my husband and I in the house, one in our guest bathroom that’s only an issue when my mom stops by and is in the habit of shutting her dog out from the bathroom, and one in the spare room (other). Had all three litter boxes before we even had all three boys , since our house is fairly long and large we wanted a box handy no matter where the kitties were hanging out in the house.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Two are in the entrance to my place, and another in the office.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn. Cat might be allergic to it. She stared at it for a long time and keeps one eye closed. Moving it to dining room which she never goes
I think what bothered her is the strong odor from the storage bin which is gone now. Easier to scoop and no longer get pee on the floor.
20180406_202534.jpg